Chapter 49

Lauren's POV

I got some pillows, blankets and towels from my apartment and took them down to the truck, I then quickly drove back to Camila's building, I saw she was standing inside looking out the window so I honked and she came out, she ran over and got in the truck.

"Where are we going?"

"Swimming." I said and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"What?"

"Just go with it." I began to drive and I turned on the radio.

I drove until I reached a small lake, it was away pretty secluded. I parked the truck close to the shore and stepped out with the blankets and pillows. I took them to the box of the truck and made a little bed with the blankets and the pillows. Camila stood by me and she smiled.

"What's this?" She asked and I helped her up to be where I was. I sat Indian style resting my back against the side of the box. She sat close right across from me.

"Camz." I said and she looked down and took my hands in hers. I held them and brought them to graze my lips placing a soft kiss on each of her knuckles. She moved closer so our knees were touching each others.

"Yes?"

"I moved back here, with intention of having another chance with you, because I knew that we have isn't over. I'm madly in love with you Camila; I've never had such feelings for anyone else in my life. You're someone I need, you're someone I crave. You're like a drug that has made its way into my bloodstream making you addictive. You're someone that is hard to live without and I really don't know how I'm going to be able to keep going because of what's going to happen right now." I closed my eyes taking a deep breath.

"Lauren, you're scaring me." She said tightening her grip on my hands.

"I'm not going to be able to stay here close to you. But before I get to spend any more time with you, the little time I have left before I have to leave again I want to tell you that you're the love of my life. And I'll never love anyone else as much as I love you." My eyes teared up and she looked at me confused.

"Babe, I don't understand."

"Okay, I will only be here from time to time. It won't be stable, I'll be leaving for New York again for performances tomorrow night then I'll be in San Francisco the next week and so on. I'll barely be able to come home."

"But that's your choice, you dropped the label." She let go of my hands and kept her gaze on me.

"It's my job Camila exactly like how the shop is yours and you can't leave it. Mine has me moving around a lot though."

"I thought that having you back here now would let us be together again." She started to tear up but she looked away from me.

"So did I and I'm so sorry."

"Can't we find some sort of way?"

"We did before and look where that got us, I don't want anything long distance because it doesn't work out. As much as you'd want it to it just doesn't." She whimpered and covered her face.

"I don't want to cause us this pain again and this is not easy for me to do." My lips trembled as I spoke.

"You're the only person I'd ever want to be with and I don't think I'll ever be with anyone the way I was with you." She let out a small sob and I bit my lip to stifle a cry, tears spilling down my face.

"Camila look at me." I croaked out and she shook her head as she gasped for air. I moved her hands from my face and lifted her face up by her chin, her cheeks were stained with tears, I ran my thumbs across them softly wiping the tears away. She moved my hands away and straddled my lap nuzzling my neck.