Chapter 9

Lauren's POV

Few days later

These past few days have been utterly amazing. I've been spending most of my time with Camila. She's been going to my gigs and we usually go out to eat afterwards. Our friendship, which consists of playfully hitting each other, flirting, literally hitting each other, and cuddling has grown a lot. I think I can say my little crush on her has grown too. I like her... a lot. I think she may feel the same way, and as Logan said last night, 'The sexual tension between us is sickening.'

"Open up!" I yelled as I knocked on Camila's door repeatedly. She had just sent me a text saying she would bake for me since her opening is tomorrow and I'm excited.

"Camila I will kick the door in!" I warned and I heard her laugh.

I rolled my eyes, and pulled my hand away from the door. I put my hands on my hips and bit my bottom lip as the door slowly creaked open. Camila peeked her head out, winked at me, and pulled the door open with a cheeky grin.

"Thank you," I smiled, walking into her apartment. "Bake, go." I demanded.

Camila walked up to me and literally laughed in my face.

"You think I'm going to bake alone? Ha." She said poking my nose and walking over to her kitchen, her hips slightly swaying.

My eyes traveled up to the back of her head then back down to her butt. I shook my head and let out a breath as I followed her into the kitchen.

"I'm helping you?" I asked, propping myself up onto her kitchen counter.
I watched as she grabbed a bag of flour and made her way towards me.

"Yup," She said, pressing the bag of flour up against my chest.

"Hop off so we can start. I don't have all day." She joked, tying her hair up in a loose ponytail.

I hopped off the counter and put the bag of flour on it. I tied my hair up and went to stand next to Camila.

"What are we making?" I asked as she handed me a bag of sugar.

"Put that on the counter next to the flour, we're making cupcakes." I threw the sugar on the counter and scoffed.

"I thought you were gonna make me a nice fancy pastry not cupcakes."

"Take what you get." She said.

Camila moved me out of her way and set some other things down on the counter before heading to the refrigerator to get the rest of the ingredients.

"Okay, can you like... move?" She said, looking at me as I stood in front of the counter where all the ingredients were.

"I don't know, can I?" I said to annoy her.
She groaned and rolled her eyes, picking her leg up and kicking me out of the way.

"Ow, Jesus." I said.

"Don't get pushy with me, I'm baking for you, be grateful." She said as she turned on the oven, before turning around again to face me.

"Oh right, of course! You are very right." I said as I put my hands on her shoulder and kissed her cheek.

"Thank you, now we shall begin?" She said, patting my sides and then grabbing a bag of flour and opening it up.

"Can you hold this for me really quick?" She asked, holding a bag out towards me.
I took it and smirked, making her smile drop.

"Lauren don't do what I think you're going to do." She warned.

"I'm not doing anything!" I said. Camila grabbed a bowl and took the bag out of my hands.