Chapter 23

Lauren's POV

It was our last night at Lake Shasta, now that Camila and I were dating which I'm so happy about even though I felt like we already were but now it's official I decided to take Camila away from the rest of the group, it was night time and the sky was beautiful so I packed some food and drinks and decided to have a little picnic under the moonlight by the lake. I borrowed one of Rick's boat keys in case.

I laid out a picnic blanket and set the food on it and I placed the cooler on the side, I then went back in the house to get Camila, she was sitting on the couch waiting for me, she was wearing shorts and a white halter top and flip flops. She was barely wearing any make up and yet she managed to look so breathtaking, her hair fell perfectly, effortlessly over her shoulder. I had to stop and recover my breath before going all the way in the cabin.

I knocked on the door and she looked up from her phone, her face lit up once she saw me, she grinned and stood up straightening out her top, she put a hand through her hair and walked up to me wrapping her arms around my neck.

"You look gorgeous." I said coyly wrapping my arms around her waist; she hugged me placing her head on the crook of my neck.

"Thank you baby, you look beautiful." She kissed my exposed collarbone and looked up giving me a cheeky grin. I kissed her nose tenderly and took her by the picnic blanket, we sat down and I lit a candle that was inside of a jar and I put it next to us. The sky was serene, the luminous moon gleamed with intensity and the starts shimmered making the dark blue sky look more beautiful. I got a couple wine coolers, I opened both of them and handed one to Camila, she put it in-between her legs and then took some cherry chap stick out of her pocket and applied some on her lips.

"Why?" I asked and she smirked grabbing the bottle and taking a sip.

"Lip care." She turned and winked, I was dying to kiss her, I scoot closer to her and she licked her lips as she looked at me, I felt my heart start to beat faster as I caressed her cheek, she came closer resting her forehead on mine, her lips smelled like cherry, intoxicating. She smiled and grazed her lips on mine and pulled away looking up at the sky. What a tease.

"Excuse me?"

"Isn't the sky so beautiful tonight?" She said with a giggle and turned to look at me as she bit her lip.

"You're not funny." I took a sip from my bottle and she took the chap stick out once again.

"What are you doing? Stop." She looked at me as she applied some more and she rubbed her lips together before smiling again.

"I said lip care." She drank from her bottle and looked at the stars.

"Can I kiss you?" I asked.

"Drink some of that you sound thirsty." She pointed to the bottle and I snickered.

"Good one." I drank and she turned to me.

"You're eyes look beautiful in the moonlight, you're whole face does. Stop being so unf."

"Unf? Thank you I'm so flattered, let me kiss you." I leaned in kissing her cheek and she pulled away.

"No, I want to look at the sky."

"Camila." I kissed her cheek and she pulled her face away, once again she grabbed the damn chap stick and applied some more.

"Is this some little sick game you're trying to play because two can play that game?" She laughed and shrugged puckering her lips. "Idiot."

"Be nice to your girlfriend!" She smacked my shoulder softly and rubbed it making a pouty face.

"Girlfriends that are nice let their girlfriend kiss them." I said childishly and she shrugged again.