more temp impulse rambling yay

no I'm still not making actual serious AU content for a good while

I have some valid-ish reasons i think (ex: not enough fleshed out large-scale because physically unceasing obsession over tiny irrelevant details funni).

But like I simultaneously have NO reasons whatsoever and I'm just lazy and disinterested in just about everything related to GW currently (lol). Typical creativity block limbo, you know how that goes.

Just trying to take it slow until my brain decides on its own that it likes this franchise's potential and kicks back into semi-gear because I've finally figured out the hard way that promising myself ANYTHING is basically invoking self-imposed reverse psychology.

Anyways, I've been thinking something. It's basically kinda a rehash/restating of my Sellie/Ellie re-contextualization plus lenient writing speculation plus me making nonsense connections where I probably shouldn't as per usual (because I may or may not have been looking into some issues I've been having lately and things just line up like that).

But like has anyone else been thinking that Ellie could've possibly been written to have some sort of trauma-induced/onset OCD (apparently that's a genuine possible origin/category(?) of OCD but I could most definitely be wrong) alongside her PTSD?

I mean it's definitely not the best rep you'll gonna get (if that's what it was intended to be and not me invoking armchair psych based on listed symptoms/neutral stereotypes and the fact PTSD and OCD can coexist) because, well, Lander.

Though I feel like this might've actually been one of, if not the LEAST concerning portrayal of MI in GM if I remember correctly.

Not too high of a bar to jump in the first place though, especially if instead of a genuine wholehearted attempt it was ALSO indeed solely meant to be cheap sympathy bait ("look the poor tutti-frutti fairy's sad because big meanie entity made all her thoughts and dreams evil and now her crush she's definitely not codependent on (where'd you get that idea silly, she's just really deeply in love!!!! <3333) won't like her so you should feel sad too :(") that just so happens to look like the former due to power of interpretation.

(That being said, definitely correct me if I'm wrong. Just because there wasn't any negative stereotyping I personally caught onto doesn't mean he didn't massively frick up somewhere else. I'm even weighing the fact that indirectly tying an additional supposed minor influence of a supernatural force's vague looming presence and feelings - even if it is still considered her (Goddess Ellie) - onto those kinds of thoughts despite her literally not existing corporeally anymore (other than occasionally making herself known in Ellie's head as a thought-affirming vocal hallucination) might not be the best idea due to the implications it could send. We all know how they did Kuku.)

But it's just an interesting thing to just...sit and think about I guess?

I dunno, fictional character psyches are kinda fun(?) to look at and think about, if that's the right word. This isn't to intentionally demonize or trivialize real-world mental illness, of course.