a strange thing I noticed about neon city

oh wow hints at the subworld theme for the next chapter assuming I can actually stick to my guns on it yayyy

Ok, again, I realize this is a result of bad writing and not thinking through the worldbuilding and plot contrivance and all that, but Neon City's structure (or at least the way it's been portrayed so far) makes zero logical sense.

(Apparently Cykopath:Birth touches very slightly on Neon City's whole deal, but for several reasons directly giving Lunime any sort of actual tangible money - especially for a product of unknown/debatable quality - hasn't sat right with me for a good while now, so I'll have to miss out and not count that unless I figure out how to pirate or someone else is willing to explain the plot)

Like the faction-by-color part is fine and dandy and there's nothing inherently confusing about that, the problem's only how they're arranged in the city and how they relate to each other.

In GW, the main duo starts off in the Green faction, and from there they're able to go to Blue. Ok, makes enough sense, they're both cool colors and sit next to each other rainbow-wise.

So logically they should be able to head right on to Purple next (assuming they're keeping the same general direction because I think that's what the game said), right?

Apparently not. They somehow end up in RED next, and only from THERE do they go to Purple so they can get to YELLOW. I kid you not.

...I thought the Neonverse's entire gig was supposed to be that they were super strict about these kinds of arbitrary things unlike everyone else?

Like none of the other subworlds thought to individually classify and color-code its entities like a paint-by-number book because the idea's considered inherently prissy and dumb, meanwhile Neon leans into it like it's gospel, and you're telling me they can't even order their colors right? Seriously?

And then there's the matter of SHAPE. There's two obvious ways I can think of off the top of my head to organize a rainbow city, and those are by basing its generalized layout on either a gradient bar/color slider (rectangular/square general "border" (perimeter), colors span lengthwise from left to right) or a color wheel (circular general "border" (circumference?) colors are either divided like an actual one or it's just a clockwise pie-slice rainbow gradient).

thinking the pie-slice gradient for Revised!Neon tbh, they can logically cross over into all other factions that way (especially from the city center which originally housed Black and White) and the layout could far more easily accommodate assimilation/faction consumption so we have a basis for general tension and high-guard amongst the Leaders

We don't know what Neon actually looks like or even the directions the pair and co took, so we can't exactly determine how'd they'd get to each color unless we do some inferencing. And the inferencing has already decided it makes no sense. :P

in other words, "the math isn't mathing" - Tiktok