Ooh, Revised!Canon!Nova Blade 👀

This one realistically should've been a LONG time coming, but the idea only clicked two days ago, so here we are now.

To clear up both any possible confusion about the title and the reason to why I've created yet another Nova variant, the one we got in GW canon actually isn't Lunime canon outside of that little lore bubble. Shocker.

If you've seen my speculative rambling on GW!/Reinfield!Nova earlier in this book (most of you have), you probably already know that too because it was brought up in the comments.

But for those who either haven't seen or want a recap without having to go back, apparently the story is that Reinfield, GW's Loremaster, took absolutely no input from Nova's creator, Charlotte Lee-

yeah, that Charlotte

I was actually genuinely surprised learning of this for a couple reasons, but that's a way smaller can of worms I'll probably rant about later in like a reply or something if anyone cares to hear

-either with or without her knowledge, and basically rewrote Nova's entire everything to fit how they felt the story should go, in spite of how Charlotte actually felt/would feel about it.

Quite literally a super accurate representation of fans who allegedly "love" the perfectly ok (and actually well-loved and maintained by the creator, mind you, lucky them) source material, only to turn around and make their own directly contradictory fanon just because it absolutely had to go this certain arbitrary way to be "worth it" to them and they're livid that it wasn't in the cards.

may or may not be bashing the funni bluebird app and myself with above para oops

But yeah. Makes me wonder how many other Lunime characters they could've screwed over without permission in order to make GW the way it is.

Anyway, as much as I do like what we ended up getting more - because the community's done genuinely mean bad boys to permadeath several years ago - two days ago I got the idea to make another disconnected AU concept (based in his side quest behavior @ 38:01) that'd reflect what we could've gotten in terms of a Nova plot point if Reinfield had actually bothered to listen and respect Charlotte's intentions with his characterization.

So, without further ado, here's a highly low-effort summary/kickoff via GL2: