Epilogue

Bayler and Amber slowly turned toward each other with their jaws to the floor. There was such a powerful silence that could only be filled with the right words, otherwise the moment would go to waste.

Both of their mouths gaped like fish lips, trying to form words and speak when the other wasn't. In the end, they looked like complete fools in front of Acting Grandmaster Jean, who was signaling to someone on the shore of the island. Likely relaying the news, Bayler figured.

Finally, Bayler broke out into a chuckle and grabbed Amber by the hips, placing one hand on the small of her back as he did. "Amber... I love you!"

He pulled her closer and kissed her before she could say anything in response. Whether her eyes were wide, or Jean was watching, he didn't care. His eyelids fluttered closed to savor the moment, the feeling, in his memories forever.

Amber kissed him in return with an immense level of passion. She wrapped her arms around his neck and locked him there. She never took a breath, as if breaking the connection would stop everything.

Finally when they had to pull away, Bayler lifted her into the air. "Never... never again will I deny how much I love you... and this victory has proven it."

"I love you too, you blockhead!"

~~~~~~~~~~~
Amber POV

After that, it was decided that Bayler and Amber would split the award presented at the very beginning. Bayler received the title and job, and Amber kept the mora all to herself. But that wasn't what she was most excited about.

Bayler was moving to Mondstadt. He was still somewhere on the seas with Takeda returning back from Inazuma. It was also decided that Takeda would help co-manage the new division they were starting, which had also collaborated with the Outriders. Soon there would be countless new recruits flooding in.

All she could think about was his confession right after the target was revealed to them. It sent constant shivers down her back, and the butterflies were even worse. He loved her, and it wasn't a fluke either. Bayler loved her because she was his pure ball of light. She'd never felt the same feelings toward anybody before he arrived.

As she walked up to the gates of Mondstadt City, she excepted the bridge to be completely empty of people, aside from Timmie and his birds. She looked away, distraught, only to hear her name on the wind.

Suddenly, there he was.

Bayler dropped all of his bags, threw his mask to Takeda, and sprinted for her. Her legs couldn't move, in fact, they buckled, but Bayler was suddenly right there for her, hugging her right in his arms.

"Oh Amber, I love you so much."

"I love you too, Bayler..."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝚂𝚙𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙰𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠 (𝙰𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚡 𝙾𝙲) 🎉