FOUR

There are three agent cop cars (they're all black, as usual) and at least five times that amount of agents. The amount of black I'm looking at is disorienting.

But, it shows you that these are agents, and not true policemen.

"Fuck," the boy mutters next to me.

I grab his arm with confidence in my plan, adrenaline thrumming through me.

"Close your eyes," I tell him.

I've never ran with someone else, but I'm willing to test my luck now. I won't be caught. And I'm certainly not gonna leave this guy when he just saved me.

He's clearly trying to escape them too.

I'll save my questions for later.

"What?" he exclaims.

"Do it!" I yell back, and he reluctantly obeys.

Then, I run.

I sprint straight for the gap between the police cars so fast that the agents barley see me as I pass by.

Luckily, I'm still safely holding onto the cute boy as I sprint into the forest ahead. Once we're deep enough in, I stop and catch my breath.

"What the hell!"

I flinch and look up at the boy in shock. He's yelling at me, yet I just saved him. I know the agents probably didn't really want to go after him, but since he saved me, they were probably going to arrest him anyway— even if he doesn't have supernatural speed like me.

"You're welcome," I breathe.

"How did you do that?" he asks.

I look up at him, really look at him, for the first time. His hood is now off his head, and his black hair falls slightly in front of his face. His eyes are a blue-green color.

He's wearing all black: a black hoodie, black cargo pants, and black ankle boots.

"I— I just did."

I'm not trying to be evasive, but it's just too hard to explain to this stranger. I have to keep moving, because the agents can't be far.

They never stop.

They found me so fast— it's terrifying.

They must've gotten a call from someone in the restaurant who saw me, so now I can't even go in public. I start walking further through the woods, having no idea where it will lead to.

"Where are you going?" the boy asks.

"C'mon, those agents are after me so I have to get further away," I explain.

He walks along side me. "No— they aren't after you, they're after me."

He's clearly confused.

I pause in my tracks, turning to face him. "No. They're after me because—" I cut myself off. "Are you sure?"

Wait, maybe it makes sense now. His panic, him helping me, the agent recognizing him.

Maybe he's not confused.

"Yeah. I've been running from them for a long time," he admits.

No fucking way. This isn't possible.

"Why are they after you? I don't get it." Except there's really only one reason.

He shakes his head, looking down at the floor. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

I knew it.

"Try me."