Chapter Fourteen: Heartbreak

The following morning, I am still reeling from the nightmare... I end up in one of the cliff springs to wash away the fear and doubt, and hopefully, everything will be okay. 

My tense muscles relax in the water. 

Arman P.O.V: 

Mira's words echo in my mind," When a person receives a gift of flowers, they know they are loved. Something important takes place between the two people." 

I smile; having Mira here has been a gift. It was the most peaceful time in my entire life. I have to give her these flowers.

Mira P.O.V. 

I dress for the day in a bright red gown. I pin my hair back with two tiny braids hanging loose. 

I played with a dragon kite I was making, hoping to see the wind again. As beautiful as Arman showed me. 

I dream of flight. 

I want to show Arman. 

"Arman!" I go searching. 

I found him on the cliff where we watched the celestial flowers. 

"There you are, Arman!" Struggling with my kite. 

"Look at what I made. It looks like a dragon, but it won't fly. Will you teach me to see the wind?" I gleefully look forward to seeing it fly. 

"You're strange, Mira," he says sternly. I look at him, saddened by his change in mood. 

"Why?" I question softly. 

" You're scared of dragons, but you play with them. " He scolds me. 

I look down at my kite, longing for its flight. Guilty of what he says. 

"Why isn't Igor coming for you?" Arman says 

I look off to the sunset," If he isn't coming... You know what that means." I murmur. 

"Have you said your vows?"

I sigh," We didn't have time, Arman." I turn towards him, finally deciding to stay no matter what is to come. 

" The dragon appeared." 

Arman looks confused and accepts," So, he's not coming for you." 

I look around the beautiful sunset and fidget with my kite. I did not know that in the short time I have been here, I have fallen in love with how life is now. No more longing to go home. 

Arman starts to walk away but turns towards me. He slowly guides my arm. 

He whispers, "I'll teach you... to see the wind." He takes hold of the yarn sting, and my other hand holds the kite. With my right hand close to his, he lifts it before us. 

"Close your eyes. Look in the distance, further than you can see, with your eyes open. Feel the wind with your fingertips and hear its whisper." I feel his strong arm and heat come from his body. And listen to what he says. 

With my eyes closed, I open my mind to the wind, to him. 

"Then, you will find something you didn't know existed inside you."

Deep breath, and I feel and see it. 

With that, the kite pulls and flows with the wind. 

We watch it fly in the sky, flowing in the wind. 

I close my eyes, taking in the moment. 

"It flew away." 

Without realizing it, I touch Arman's hand.