Chapter Seventeen: Happy Ending

Four Years later: 

I make my way towards my daughter's bedroom. 

Hearing Arman's voice, "And that's the end of the story about the girl. She saved the Dragon and gave him the most precious gift." 

I giggle. He never gets tired of telling our story. 

"Daddy! Daddy, what do you mean "she gave him the gift"? Where do dragons' babies come from? Daddy! Where did I come from?! Tell me!" 

"Well, there used to be this scary ritual, but then..."

That is my queue. 

"Arman, what are you telling her?"

He sheepishly said," Sorry. I've told her this story many times, but she wants to know what happens next." 

Our daughter, Alena, asks," What happens next?" 

I cradled her into my arms," Next, the dragons find their children in the sky. 

"But, Mommy, you can't fly!"

I smile," When you love someone, you become the happiest you've ever been. And then, do you know what you get?" 

"Mommy, tell me!" 

" You get wings, and then you can fly."

"Real wings, mommy??"

"Real wings, my moon."

With that, she yawned, fast asleep within seconds. 

I smile down, loving this moment. 

Arman touches my shoulder. Standing up, he whispers," Let's go." 

Rex has been her guard since she was in the womb—the forever protector. 

"And you stay here and guard her," Arman says. 

Rex has a serious face and leans toward Alena. She will be safe with him. 

Something that will never get old is flying with my Dragon. 

Our flights are our time together, especially since little Alena appeared. 

************************************************************

I have finally reached the end of the movie piece. I was hooked on this movie and still am. Some things could have been added. So, this isn't the end end. I want to have more of them as a family and see what happens next for them all.