Chapter Eight: What to do?

Mira's P.O.V: " Somebody!!!!!"

Screaming over and over again," I am over here!!!!" "Help me!!" "Igor!"

When dawn the hope I felt began to disappear gradually. I ended up going back to Arman or the dragon. Maybe he can help me escape, he just has to stay alive long enough to fly me home and to Igor.

Beginning to look around again to escape and found shipwrecked things. I started to pick up nets and crates and found a rowboat. Yes! I can get away! I started to pull it in the water and got in, begging to row the waves were giants and I lost control of the boat, the boat lost the battle and it tipped over. I was close enough where I could get out and get on the island.

I rushed back to Arman when it started to pour! It was so cold and I was shivering. I quickly got a mast from one of the ships and made a make shifted tent around both of us. I looked over and he didn't look cold. At least I do not think so, he is a dragon after all. I walk over to him, to check on him and he starts to mumble under his breath.

A- " Now I have a name... I am Arman...Mira..."

When he said my name I felt some warmth in my heart. I sat down close to him and I felt over one of his wounds from the fall; he saved my life three times now, but I do not understand why?

I felt guilty for being so harsh to him, so I search for the healing plant that he told me about and started to apply it on his wounds.

I was a little hesitant at first and said," Please don't burn into flames. Deal?"

There was no response so, I continued...

Until I touched my bare hand with his bare chest and he awoke, he had glowing orange eyes and he had those fire burning line on his chest. I panicked I did not know what to do.

I started singing a lullaby hoping that it would calm him and to my surprise it did. I could not believe my eyes.
One second he was a bright light flame with red-orange eyes and now he looks as if as he is sleeping.

I just hope he can keep calm...

While he sleeps I care for his wounds and talk to him.

"Hush now. Nice dragon... See? You can do it..."

I keep encouraging and soothing him, while I am wiping away dirt his chest starts to glow, and he roars and gasps.

" Easy, easy."

I start to sing again, " Sleep, sweet child...Fly away, wind. I'll be waiting for till the morning comes. Sleep, sweet child...You're sailing to faraway lands. Follow voice into the thick clouds. Sleep, sweet child... Fear nothing. In the land of your dream someone keeps you in their thoughts."

I was breathing quickly now, after everything I have been through and it was starting to weigh on me. I am on a remote island with a dragon and no one to come save me. No, I cannot think like this! Igor is going to find me and save me like the legend says and we will marry and live happily ever after.

I take a deep breathe and continue on... I create a makeshift roof with the mast that keeps most or more like a little of the rain and lay next to Arman but not too close. However, I start to get too cold that I instinctively move closer and closer until we are almost touching back to back. It is good enough, his body heat is so strong that even though we aren't touching, I can still feel his warmth.

I slowly start to fall asleep and eventually fall in darkness....