Chapter One: The Wedding

Mira POV: I was getting ready for my wedding. I was sitting down letting my sister, Yalosava, braid my long hair, while I was playing with a toy dragon. I have always been fascinated with dragons. The legends told of dragons taking away brides until he was killed by the dragon slayer, my soon to be husband was the dragon slayer's great grandson. I wish I could have met a dragon, I envy them because they can fly wherever they want to. I was snapped out of my day dreaming by my sister pulling my hair, it hurt. " Ow! Could you be any rougher?!" I said. She didn't respond right away and gave me annoyed look. While she continued she kept pulling my hair never saying a word. She pulled my hair and I lost my patience I turned around and snapped at her," What is your problem? Is this because I am marrying before you?!!" I am furious by then and it looked like she was too. She snapped back," Do not be so obscured and dramatic! The only reason you are marrying him is because of your fairytales in your head. You are just a suborn spoiled brat!" I was about to say something when our father interrupted," Enough girls! What is the meaning of this?!" He arched his eyebrow and crossed his arms, waiting. Yalosava just turns her head and looks at me. " Yalosava kept pulling my hair and being rude," I said. Yalosava just rolled her eyes. Our father just shakes his head and asks everyone to leave the room. He beckons me with his hand," Now, Mira you are getting married you. You cannot act this way towards your husband. Today should be a happy day." He embraces me and lets go," Common now, your husband is waiting for you." He smiled and walked out, I am happy but, I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that something terrible was going to happen. It is probably nothing. I walk out and get on the ritual bed boat to be carried out and begin the wedding rite song. I am to float across the river to my husband, Igor, while I am floating everyone will sing the ritual song. I watch the snowflakes fall as I await the end of the river and the end of the song. Then it happened, Something comes down from the sky and picks me up. I scream out in pain when something sharps impales me on my sides. I cannot even comprehend what is happening. All I know is my life will never be the same ever again...

************************************
I hope you guys are liking this book so far. It's a working in progress and I have a college class this summer so my updates are coming when I have free time. I am going to try and update weekly or every two weeks. Please, bare with me here! There also may have some errors too. Thank so much for your votes and comments!