Chapter Three: The Stranger

Mira P.O.V.: No! " No please, talk to me!" I scream and hit the wall, while I hit the wall the pain from earlier comes back, making me fall. The man speaks," Why did your people sing the ritual song?" I sniffle and say," We thought all the dragons were gone, we did not believe there was any more.

Man-" You summoned him yourselves."

Mira- "Igor wanted it that way."

Man- "Igor, who is Igor?"

Mira-"My bridegroom. I did not know anything about it. I was getting married."

I could not stop crying, I curled up in a ball and cried and cried until there were no more tears left to mourn. I am soo tired, hurt, and cold. I do not know how long I can go like this.

Man- " Here." Sticking his hand out of the hole in the wall with a small rock shaped bowl with some herb paste it looked like." It is for your wounds. This will make them heal better."

I hesitate for a moment but, I get up slowly and start walking towards the man. I stare at him; he is so handsome.

Mira-" Oh, you do not look much like a prisoner."

Man-" I don't?"

Mira-" I imagined you to be all dirty and covered in spider webs. But you look..... different. Thank you. "

As I walk away, I cannot help the smile I have on my face. I smell the herbs, " It smells nice. What is it?"

Man- " See those leaves above the pit? A paste made of them can heal wounds. "

Mira-" You know what I realized?"

Man- " What?'

Mira-" We haven't introduced ourselves. My name is Mira, what is yours?"

Man- ( a small pause) " I don't remember my name."

Mira- " How's that? How can you forget your name?"

Man-" You can if you don't need it anymore."

While he is talking to me, I apply the paste to my hands and other wounds. I get to my back, and I have to pull my gown down a little.

Man- " You are... Beautiful, Mira." I gasped

Mira- "Are you looking at me?!"

Man- " Yes."

Mira-"Don't look!"

Man- " Why?"

Mira-"Why?! Don't you understand?!"

Man- " No, I don't. I look at birds, at fish... Why can't I look at you?"

I sigh, and look down at the ground and see one of the beads from my necklace. But, then pull on it, and it is a whole necklace. I start to panic.

Mira-" Have you ever tried to escape?"

Man-" You can't run away from here. It is an island."

Mira-" So, you can sail away?"

Man-" The sea can kill you too."

Mira-" I need a big stone."

Man- " What for?"

Mira-" Here's the plan: when that evil creature comes back, you'll distract it, and I'll hit it. We'll escape while the dragon sleeps."

Man- " You cannot leave the pit! No one but, the dragon-slayer knows how to kill the dragon. He will kill the dragon and he will come for you."

Mira-"Enough! I must escape. Will you help me?"

Man- " It won't work, Mira! He hears and sees everything. You can't even imagine what he is capable of!"

Mira- "You know who you are?"

Mira- " A coward."

Mira-" That is who you are."

Mira-" Silly me, I even chose a name for you, coward! Don't you dare look at me again!"

I felt so much anger,  and I slammed a rock in the hole. Ugh!

I look up and have an idea. I get up and pull my long braid that goes all the way down my feet and find a sharp rock; I start to cut my hair from my neck to make a rope. Maybe I can tie my hair to boulder and climb out of here. When I find a perfect enough rock I tie my hair and get up to throw it to the edge out of the pit I am in. While I tie my hair together, I hum one of my favorite lullaby's.

Man- " Mira. Mira, what are you doing there?"

Mira-" None of your business."

Man-" Mira, I am not a coward. I hate the dragon as much as you do, but I can't defeat him."

Mira-" That is the kind of thing a coward would say."

Man-" Mira... What name did you choose for me?"

Mira- "Arman."

Arman- " Arman... That is a nice name. Why Arman?"

M-" Well, it's exotic.... just like you. And mysterious."

A- "What does it mean?"

M-" A dream."

A-" Forgive me, Mira."

I sigh while grinning, I walk to the hole and pull the rock seeing Arman.

M- " Give me your hand."

A- " My hand?"

M-" Now that you have a name, let's get acquainted. When people get acquainted, they shake hands.

M- " Nice to meet Arman. I am Mira."

A-" Nice to meet you, Mira. I'm Arman."

He looks at his hand and then mines and slowly reaches for mine. While we stare at each other our eyes lock. Our hands touch for a moment and then Arman pulls my arm through hurting me.

M-" What are you doing?!"

A- " Its the dragon! No matter what happens, do not leave the pit! Stay there!"

His voice was different, more profound and huskier. I could hear the dragon roar. I do not know what is happening but, I have to get Arman and me out of here.