Chapter Sixteen: My Happiness

Arman P.O.V: 

I yearn for her. There is no point in living in a space where I cannot be with her. I will make sure The Dragon does not do any more harm. The Dragons end with me. 

"Be happy, Mira. Farewell."

I have made my decision to leave this world and never return. I will fall from the cliff and hold the Dragon off.  

Thunder sounded, and rain flowed. The skies were echoing my heart. I fell, the lullaby tune reflecting down, keeping the Dragon calm. 

Mira P.O.V: 

I am in the boat and on the same stream. But I am not the same person. I fell in love with my Dragon. I will not make the mistake of losing my loved one. 

The ceremony began. Igor is pulling the boat. 

I sit up, " I can't do this."

Igor," Mira, what are you doing?"

"I don't love you," I mumble. 

"What?!" He yells, echoing off the water. 

I can't and won't marry the one I don't love. 

I scream," I don't love you!" The crowd gasps. 

Igor, flustered," Mira, I rescued you. Don't be foolish!"

"I love the Dragon!!" I cry out. 

The crowd's disapproval rings out. 

Helsman breaks through and is standing next to Igor. 

Igor starts to pull the boat, but I unhook it. I was sitting still in the water. I start the chant to bring my Dragon to me. I hope I am not too late.

I sing for my happiness. 

Igor's disapproval rings out," Mira, don't!! Mira, come to your senses! He'll kill you! He will kill all of us!!" 

The thing he doesn't know is that I love him. Nothing will stop me. 

I spread my arms and wait...

My heart is in suspense... 

Then, the wind flows. He is coming. 

A roar rings out, and my Dragon emerges. I am holding out my arms for him to take me. 

My father's voice on the wind," So, that's what your heart desires.." I smile. I made my choice, my happiness. 

I hold onto his clawed foot, holding me and choosing my fate. 

He takes me to the altar. The dragon is in control. 

The stories are horrid, but one side was never told. It was the Dragon's. They were never loved. 

I trust Arman entirely, and I am putting my love into him. 

His eyes are ignited, and his chest is warmed. I reach up and kiss his snout. 

He is shocked and stumbles back.

"Wait! You're used to being feared. You don't know what it's like to be loved." He roars. But his eyes are dark, no more flames. 

"A man or a dragon- I love you for who you are." He looks suspicious. 

I sit a few feet away, letting him come the rest of the way. 

 "Let it be how you want; just don't leave me now. I can't be without you it is too painful."

I sit and wait, accepting of my fate, whichever it may be. 

My Dragon slowly inches closer and lays his head down on my lap. 

He purrs. 

"Stay with me this way for a while. Let me get used to you." We stayed like that for a while. Being close to each other just the way we are.