Part 4: Too confident

Jungkook's POV

We arrive at the club just before 10 p.m. It's crowded and loud as we make our way towards the back to find a table.

We find a table for two across from the VIP section but near the dance floor. We sit and, as I look around, I'm glad that Lisa pushed me to get out. I really need this. She's a good friend.

I look up at the waiter as he approaches with two big fancy drinks.

"We didn't order these drinks," I say.

The waiter moves in closer so we can hear him.

"Sir, they're complementary from the gentleman over there in VIP.

"We both look over and see Kim Taehyung smiling from the VIP section. He's with another man that is not very visible. As I look over at him, Mr. CEO raises his glass.

"No thanks!" I say. "Please send them back."

"You sure? Those guys are hot," the waiter says.

"I don't care!" I hiss.

"Whatever," the waiter says. As he turns to leave, Lisa turns and swoops both drinks off his tray and says thank you. She then turns and smiles at Taehyung and nods her head to thank him.

"I don't want his charity. Like we can't afford to buy our own drinks!" I bark.

"Bitch, we can't! Weren't you just complaining about a shit load of bills?" She rolls her eyes. "I, for one, am going to enjoy my free drink and save my big tit money."

"Lisa, you don't need big tits to get a good man." She's not only beautiful but smart and funny.

"So says the single gay man." She takes a sip. "Shit, these are seriously top shelf. I'll definitely enjoy yours if you don't. But you may have to carry my drunk ass out of here. C'mon Jungkook, enjoy yourself. Let's have some fun."

"I know his type. He just wants to take pity on us," I sneer.

"What!? Were you smoking something funny before you got here? He's a nice man and I've never heard anything bad about him."

After about 10 minutes, I pick up the drink and take a sip. "He'd better be glad I'm thirsty."

Lisa smiles. The drinks are very strong and we take our time.

"I've seen his type at the club before. Rich and hot! Sending a strong drink over in hopes you'll get drunk and then let him bang you in the back of his limo."

"What the fuck are you talking about? He drives a sports car! You need to settle down. He's not a bad man."

Lisa's right. I'm being triggered by my past. He's probably nothing like he was. Why can't I stop thinking that every man just wants to use me? It's not fair.

I shift the conversation and ask Lisa how Jojo is doing. We laugh as she tells me some funny stories, and we enjoy our drinks.

"So what are you getting her for Christmas?" She perks up.

"Only the hottest selling most fabulicious girl toy in the world! Baby Saesi! That goddam doll does everything and she ain't cheap." Lisa giggles with eyes floating in love for her baby girl.

"I hear that's the top selling toy this year," I say.

"With my employee discount and a little more overtime, Baby Saesi will be under the Christmas tree. There's a lot of accessories like a crib, high chair, and more but I can't afford that. My little Jojo has to have this toy."