Part 5: Creepy little elf dude

After a nice evening and day off to myself, I arrive early to work on Monday morning.

I look around the department and shake my head. I hate the setup of the holiday department. What the hell, I might as well rearrange some things. I start to move a few things around.

"What do you think you're doing, Kungtook?!" My head snaps back.

"It's Jungkook, Mark!"

"Whatever, bitch."

"Mark, the setup in this department is not good. I know we can achieve –"

"Look, dip shit, you better stop trying to show me up and get my job! I saw your overtime request and I got plenty of it. But keep pissing me off and you won't see a minute of it!" What an asshole, but he will not dampen my mood.

"Mark, I'm just trying to—"

"I'll be in my office uhm working. Text me if it's an emergency only! Better yet just ask Lisa! Don't disturb me!" He walks away.

God, I hate his ass!

"Hey, Jungkook! What are you doing?" Lisa says, walking towards me with a bright smile.

"Good morning, Lisa. I'm trying to get some fucking order in this department, but our insecure infant shit face boss thinks I'm trying to get his crappy job." She rolls her eyes and I chuckle.

"Organize all you want. That snotty little bitch wouldn't even know the difference," she says."

"Thanks, Lisa. Organizing is exactly what I'm going to do!"

I start organizing and moving items with the disbelief that this department makes any money at all. I'm so frustrated with this mess I start to share this with Lisa. My head is down as I'm talking, quickly moving things from here to there.

"This department is a complete mess! I can't believe they make any money! They don't know shit about running a store." I'm not done yet and continue on a rampage of a rant as I organize.

"At the register, we should have the quick last-minute items! You know, like tape, bows, wrapping paper, and gift tags." Maybe that dumb baby boss won't listen, but at least I can tell Lisa.

"The Kim Tree Topper is a hot buy and where are they!? They're in the fuckin' storeroom! They should be at the entrance when you walk in. It doesn't make sense. They're losing money. The tree skirts should be with the Christmas tree and lights display! Where the fuck are they? On the other side of the department next to the outside reindeer. Give me a fuckin break!" I hear Lisa coughing and I'm too focused to stop.

"We've got a big sale going on and where are the sales items? In the fuckin' storeroom! It's all wrong! This is like entry level marketing! If I were running this department..." Lisa coughs again and I turn to see if she's okay.

She looks as if she's frightened with eyes wide open. "What?" I speak. She signals with her eyes to indicate someone's behind me. I know she's not scared of Mark's ass so it could only be... Oh shit.

I turn around and Kim Taehyung is standing behind me.

"Jungkook, please continue, if you were running this department..."

"Uhm, I-I'm sorry. I'm shouldn't have spoken."

Mr. Kim's phone rings and he steps away.

I'm not sure if I'm fired or not. Damn it, this job is a mess in many ways, but I need it and uh I like it.

Mr. Kim returns.

"Jungkook, I have a meeting. I'll see you later." I drop my chin to my chest as he walks away. Lisa rushes to my side and my guts twist into a big knot.