Part 8: Unbeliveable

"I was a trader for 5 years and damn good at it. I was wealthy and had a great job, or so I thought. I met a man that I liked, a lot."

"I was busy and didn't date much. He was handsome and started showing me a lot of attention." Nowhere near as handsome as Taehyung. "You know, flirting and shit. He uhm, made me feel special. Sending notes, naughty text messages and giving me gifts. The sex was good."

My gaze leaves the outside view, but I'm still unable to look at him. My eyes focus on objects neatly lining the front of his desk. Objects that are carefully displayed and two picture frames that are not facing me. I'm certain that these items unlock the mystery to who this gorgeous man is.

"I should have fuckin known better," I say, shaking my head. My jaw clenches as my anger rises.

"Why do you say that?" He asks.

"Because hot guys don't give me attention."

"I don't believe that Jungkook." What? Has he noticed me?

"Well, it's true. Anyway, he asked me for a favor." Here comes the tough part. "His business was struggling." I take the risk and meet his eyes. I see only compassion which gives me the courage to share my secret of shame and stupidity. "He gave me some story about needing a lucky break. I-I wanted to help him." My eyes divert back to his desk and a beautiful purple crystal paperweight in the shape of an airplane. It's delicate, detailed, and sturdy. What an awesome gift.

"So, he asked you for some insider trader information," Taehyung says. My eyes return to his and I slowly nod. Now he knows what an enormous fool I was. But his eyes carry no shock or judgment. They unexpectedly appear caring.

"Yes, he did and I knew it was illegal. I felt it in my gut and every instinct and moral fiber screamed no, but I allowed my feelings to override the warnings that were going off inside me. I never saw myself making a dumb move like that." I quickly look away for this part. "He said he loved me and wanted a future with me. And, for those words, I committed a crime." My chin drops to my chest.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook." Taehyung says in a soft voice that feels like a warm caress. It's the only compassion I'd been given around this entire incident. I release a long breath that I must have been holding this entire time. I continue wanting to share more for the first time.

"On Christmas Eve, I was arrested at my company's Christmas Party. Walking through my office in handcuffs was not the way I saw my day going. I spent Christmas in jail."

"All my accounts were frozen. I had to call my dad who hated me for being gay and bringing shame on the family."

"That didn't go well for me." Nervously, I chuckle. "My dad didn't want much to do with me before, yet he respected my success and the money I sent him every month . After this, he disowned me completely. As did other family and friends."

It's just a whisper but I hear Taehyung say, "unbelievable."

I find courage to look at him again, and his eyes are so soft. He slowly shakes his head in disgust as I feel the warmth of his compassion. The warmth of his compassion feels like a cozy blanket that I want to wrap myself in.

"I was found guilty and received 3 years of probation. I was, of course, fired. I had to sell my beach house, my sports car, and I spent most of my savings paying my legal fees. When I walked in Mr. Wu's office, I only had enough money to last 2 -3 weeks and then I'd be on the streets. I was desperate as you can see." My eyes focus on some of his sports memorabilia on his desk. "And there you have it, Mr. Kim. I'm a criminal with a police record."