Part 6: Quite the ranter

Last night I thought of him, again. My employee crush.

It's against the rules to develop a relationship with him while he works here. As if he'd be interested in a relationship with me. Maybe he has a spouse or a boyfriend. Shit, maybe he's not even gay. I don't have trouble meeting men but the relationships never last long.

Kim's Department Store is my life. I could never keep up with all the expectations that were part of a relationship. Like date nights, spending weekends together, giving little gifts and more. I guess it's maturity because I'd love to be with someone special like that.

I could always find an available sex partner, but I'm not interested in that. I want someone who matters, and I want to matter to someone. There was something different about him. He's special in a way I don't yet understand.

Last night as he found his way in my dreams again, my hand found its way to my stiff cock. My recollection of pleasuring myself to my employee crush is ended by a knock on my door.

"Come in."

"Good morning, Tae. How are you feeling?" Dae says walking into my office with familiarity and starts touching things on my desk which she knows drives me crazy.

"I'm well and please put my autographed baseball down."

"Tae you don't look well. You look like roadkill."

"Oh, so that's your subtle way of saying what?"

"That you look like shit. Have you had your coffee yet?" Dae has never been one to mince words.

"Thanks for the unsolicited analysis and no I haven't had my coffee. That would be nice."

"Maybe one of the girls at reception can get that for you. Look Tae you've been slumping around here with your shoulders down and a loss of pep in your step. I'm concerned."

"What!? There's nothing wrong with my step or my shoulders either."

"Uh, yes there is. I just wanted to say –"

"Oh, don't hedge now. You've already told me I look like a dead animal on the road or shit, get my own coffee, and I'm not walking right."

"Tae, I care about you and your dad always wanted me to look out for you. Look, it's holiday time and it can be really lonely. I think you're lonely. Okay that's enough."

"Did you actually want anything to do with...uhm let's see ...work?"

"No, that's it," she says with a soft smile.

"Dae, I know you care, and I'll figure it out on my own. Dad did, year after year at Christmas and he never seemed down. He didn't have my mother. He had no one and figured it out on his own..."

"That's where you're wrong Tae."

"About what?"

"He wasn't alone. He had a partner. A relationship. Someone to keep him even. Someone he shared his feelings with. Someone who cared about him." I gasp softly as my jaw drops.

"Dae, who? I never knew there was someone."

"Tae, he didn't want you to know."

"About what?"

"About us. Yep, me and your dad Tae."

"What? "How long?"

"A little over 10 years." I knew they were close, but it never occurred to me.

"Didn't you know my mother?"

"She was my best friend. We were like sisters. She was gone 5 years before... you know."