Part 7: Did we just have a conversation about porn?

Taehyung's POV

For the first time I see his beautiful full bunny smile and he's gorgeous.

"You scared me for a moment Mr. Kim." I nervously chuckle.

"So, tell me your ideas Jungkook."

He goes into details, and I listen and think how smart and sharp he is. He's also a leader.

I can't help but get distracted by the soft appearance of his neck. I'd like to suck and kiss him on that one spot. Then his sweet perfectly pouty lips.

As he talks, I get glimpses of his wet tongue. How I'd love to push my tongue between his lips and play with it.

I clear my throat and refocus on what he is saying.

"I'm sorry, can you repeat that part again."

It's not easy but I maintain focus. I love his ideas because they're creative, doable, and make sense. He's thought this through and really knows his stuff. What a rare jewel he is. A cold chill moves through me as I think we may have missed him. Thank goodness he wouldn't accept no from Mr. Wu

After he finishes, I start with my first question. "I saw your resume. Can you tell me why a man with your background and education is a clerk at my store?"

He looks off towards the beautiful view and then looks back at me. "Mr. Kim that's my business. If you're going to fire me just do it. But I will not allow you to meddle in my personal life."

Amazingly he's not afraid of authority and he's a fighter. Damn that's hot, and I respect him for standing up for himself.

"Well to be honest, you came here for employment, and we have a right to know your work background." I chuckle a bit as he appears on the verge of a rant. "Calm down Jungkook I'm not going to fire you. It seems we need a new manager in the Holiday Department. Mark was let go earlier today. Apparently, when our tech department ran a diagnostic," I clear my throat, "they found some porn sites which is against store policy."

"What? I'm shocked, Mr. Kim. Well, you know these kids today and he was also an asshole. If you don't mind me saying so. Porn, that's disgusting!"

I look at him intensely as I bite down on my lower lip. "You got something against porn, Jungkook?"

Oh God did I just ask my employee about porn? Was I asking for a sexual harassment lawsuit. But I wanted to hear his answer. He then clears his throat and settles back into his chair.

"I have nothing against it, however not in the workplace."

"Agreed," I say as I see a soft blush on his cheeks.

"But what puzzles me is that Mark specifically asked tech to run a check on his search engine. That doesn't make sense to me," I say. "If you're checking out porn on your work computer that's the last thing you'd want. Someone with let's say a business background might know."

"I suppose Mr. Kim, however Mark was not very smart."

Jungkook's POV

Nice one Taehyung. He'll have to have some evidence if he wants me to admit to setting up Mark. I love his slick and quick mind. Fuck, did we just have a conversation about porn?

"Anyway, moving on." Taehyung says

"Jungkook, I'd like to offer you the position with some incentives."

This is unbelievable. Thirty minutes ago, I was thinking I'd be fired from this shitty job. A shitty job that I'm realizing I love.

"Really?" So what kind incentives are you talking about?" I say struggling to keep it together while in my head I'm doing somersaults.

"I'll double your salary and give you a company phone. I'll also add a bonus to be paid immediately upon acceptance of the position." What? Am I dreaming? He writes something down on a small piece of paper and passes it over to me. Shit, it's a lot of numbers. "Your bonus," he says as I swallow hard and tell myself not to faint. Fuck, that's two months of expenses. "And lastly, you'll get an assistant manager of your choosing." I'm speechless and must look like that damn WTF emoji. I breathe and focus.

"Jungkook, the Holiday Department is the heartbeat of this store at Christmas. It's extremely important and I need it to rise to its full potential. I think with your background you're just what we need in that department. You also know the department and care." He smiles confidently at me. What the fuck. I should have gotten rid of Marks dumbass a month ago.

"But first, I need to know the truth about your past work history. I can't expose my company to problems or a lawsuit. Did you murder someone or embezzle some money?"

I slowly start wringing my hands as I look down at them and my chest tightens. I'd be a fool to miss this opportunity. But do I take the risk, and he learns what a fool I was. More so I like him. What will he think about me once he knows what I did? Yet, this would mean no worries about rent and a goddamn company phone. My chest begins to lighten as warmth fills me and I realize the true offer. A chance to rebuild my life.

"No. None of those Mr. Kim."

"Please call me Taehyung," he says as I struggle to contain my smile.

My head is still spinning from Taehyung's offer. I never thought getting rid of Mark's worthless ass would result in an offer for his shitty job. A job that didn't seem so shitty now.

Nor had I thought about the void firing Mark would leave. I only knew our customers deserves better. Damnit, I love this store. Evidently, Taehyung sees value in my skills and that's good enough for me. All I wanted was to be seen for my worth and appreciated. His offer great and I know I can get that department in shape with hard work and proper management. But Taehyung is asking me to lay out my pain, my shame, and my stupidity. The horror of my past. It's a level of vulnerability that requires me to be raw and naked in front of someone I don't know.

Yet he is trusting me with his store. I'm no fool. I know how crippling Mark's mismanagement has hurt this store. The Holiday Department carries a store like Kim's and like Taehyung said, it's the heartbeat.

We both are taking a risk. But there's something about him that tells me I can trust him. I feel it in my gut. If only I had trusted my gut before, I wouldn't be in this situation, nor would I be here with Mr. CEO.

My eyes drift towards the gorgeous outside view. It's easier to share if I don't look at him.