Part 9: The new term for snooping

Taehyung's POV

God he's hot and amazingly smart. This is so inappropriate, but I want to know him better. Ever since the day he ran into me on that elevator, I've felt something. It's not rational, I'm the CEO and owner.

That night in the club he was so sexy. Watching him dance aroused me. My God, I almost came when he did those hip thrusts. It was as if they were just for me. I want to taste him and come deep inside him. He is my obsession.

But most of all, I want to protect him and ...love him. I want to be with him. Like I said, irrational.

Jungkook's POV

I'm literally floating on air as I enter my department, and Lisa runs over to me.

"Well, it doesn't look like you were fired, so that's good. We've had some excitement around here."

"Really!? What!?" I say, trying to show excitement when I'm sailing high on Taehyung.

"Mark's pathetic ass was fired." She shows her beautiful toothy smile. "Two men from security escorted him out. Then someone came and recovered his computer." She tosses both of her hands upward.

"That sure was a lot of excitement." I say, in the best tone I could muster, given I don't care about Mark's pathetic ass.

"Wait a minute. You don't seem excited, and I know you hated his rude ass. So, what happened?" She demands placing her hands on her hips.

My smile nearly breaks my face and I actually bounce on my heels. "Taehyung offered me the manager's job!"

"Oh My God, congratulations, Jungkook!" We grab hold of each other's hands and spin in a circle like we're small children and giggle.

"And I get an assistant manager too. Guess who I picked!?"

"Who!?" Lisa says.

"Who is the best clerk in this store that knows everything about the Holiday Christmas Department and has a big tit fund?"

"Oh My God! I have a big tit fund! Is it me!?"

"Yep! It's you! Lisa, we both get nice raises. If you still want overtime, you get first pick." Lisa screams and we hug tightly, taking another spin.

"This Holiday is turning out nicely," Lisa says as her eyes glisten with wetness.

"Lisa, I have to tell you something. When I accepted the offer, I hugged Taehyung."

"Oh, Taehyung is it now," Lisa says, as my entire face goes up in flames.

"Yes, Lisa, he asked me to call him Taehyung. As I was saying, I was so excited about the offer, I hugged him. It was really bad Lisa." I grimace, as if I've tasted something distasteful.

"The hug was bad?"

"No, I-I almost lost it with him. I wanted to pull him tighter and almost kiss him. What am going to do? I've got a crush on the CEO." I cover my face with both hands and shake my head.

"So, go with it!"

"What!? Go with what? There's nothing happening. I don't know if he's into me and I can't be a sucker again. Anyway, look at him. Then look at me. It's ridiculous!" I shake my head in resignation.

"My Fuckin' God!" I startle to Lisa's tone. "I never realized your self-confidence was in the toilet. You're gorgeous and smart. Who took that bitch ass child down with one phone call!?"

"Lisa, he can never know about the Mark uh situation."

"And whose telling? Not the new assistant manager of the Holiday Department." She then presses her lips together as if they're locked and tosses away an imaginary key. I do a full belly laugh.

"About the other thing, I'm just scared after, you know..."

"That con artist bitch from last year? It's time to let that go, Jungkook." After my openness with Taehyung and now with Lisa, I'm ready to embrace my new life and let go of the shame. That guy was a dick and, as Taehyung said, it happens to others, and I didn't deserve it. I have to find some compassion for myself.

"I think you're right, Lisa. I need to move on. I've made some bad decisions and I'm paying for them. I thought I lost everything, but the truth is I've found everything." Those words catch in my throat, and the back of my eyelids burn. Lisa's eyes go wet.

"I never needed all those possessions. They never made me feel as happy as a child's smile or the sincere heartfelt thank you received after helping someone."

"So how about we get this department set up the way it should be? We have 5 weeks until Christmas."

"I'd love to, boss," Lisa says with a big toothy smile.

"So, did Mark's ass cry when he was escorted out and deposited on the street?"

"Like a little bitch," Lisa says. We laugh and head over to the reindeer and Santa's elf display.

Taehyung's POV

I feel a lift in my spirit as the intercom buzzes.

"Yes, Dae."

"I have Sehun on line 2 and he sounds pissed off."

"Put him through."

"Tae, have you gone crazy?! What is this invoice requesting a bonus and double increased salary for a Clerk! Also marketing and Design are grumbling about being asked to meet with this new manger about changes in the Holiday Department at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow morning! Have you gone mad!?"

"Sehun, I assure you I have not lost my mind. I'm trusting my gut! If anyone has grumbles, tell them to come see me."

"What!? Tae, we need to save money not spend more of it! You saw those numbers!"

"Sehun, you get back to worrying. I'm going to allow a Christmas Miracle to unfold. It just requires faith. It's what my dad would have done." If I learned anything from dad, it was this.

"But Tae—"

"Good night, Sehun." One push of the clear button and he's gone.

There's a soft knock at the door:

"Come in."

Dae walks forward with a big smile. "Good for you, Tae. Trust your gut. That's precisely what your dad would have done."

"Dae, are you listening to my calls again? You know I don't like that."

"Tae, I'm just looking out."

"Is that the new term for snooping?"

She chuckles and turns to leave.

"Dae?" She stops and turns.

"Are you available for dinner tonight?"

"I sure am. What's going on?"

"I uhm may have met someone, but there's a problem. He's a clerk here." Did I really share that?

"Is it that cute little thing who was up here earlier? The one causing Sehun to pull out his hair? I hope so. He's yummy."

"My God, woman, you're something else. Is there anything that occurs at this store that you don't know about?"

"Nope." I smile and shake my head.