Part 14: Oh, Christmas Gods

The Clerk and the CEO

The shelter fed over a thousand hungry bellies this Christmas Day. After dinner, there was the gift giving presentation. There was an abundance of toys for the children and even gifts for the parents.

I feel the joy of the season as my eyes and heart light up watching the smiling happy faces of others.

I'm impressed with Taehyung. He didn't use this event for publicity or personal recognition. He cares and is just another volunteer. I had no idea who this man really was. Each time I think he couldn't get more attractive, he surprises me.

Taehyung's POV

As I thank several people personally for their service, I try to keep an eye on him. I can't let him leave, not just yet.

I see him standing alone and shyly looking around. He's too cute. I think he's waiting to say goodbye. I feel encouraged and want more time with him.

I'm sure he has plans for later. Calling him tomorrow doesn't seem practical when I have my little bunny right here. As I walk over to him, he quickly looks away.

Adorable.

"Are you going anywhere special this evening Jungkook?" I'm not sure what to say after that. I just know I want to be with him. However. the thought of him not returning my call starts to plague me. I try to let it go, but I can't.

"Oh yes. Lisa has invited me over for dinner. What about you, Taehyung?"

"No, this is it for me. It's been a long day. I'll settle down and watch a few old Christmas classics. I have to see my Scrooge every year and see a few Christmas Miracles," I say with a chuckle as his smile grows.

"Jungkook?"

"Yes, Tae?"

I want to ask him to come be with me on this special day. Having him show up unexpectedly was the best Christmas gift I could've hoped for. I don't care whether it's appropriate or not anymore. This is my opportunity. Also, if I don't make a move, Dae will kick my sorry ass.

"Uh, I'm going out of town for a few weeks, and I was hoping we might, uh, have dinner together before I leave. I uh, left you a message yesterday and--" His head quickly rises as his eyes meet mine. They are wide and so beautiful.

"Taehyung, I'm sorry. I left my phone at work. And dinner, I'd like that." His smile expands.

I struggle to contain my smile. "Are you available tomorrow?" Oh God I sound desperate. Fuck, I am. "Uh, my flight leaves in like 48 hours and I wanted to thank you again for all you did for me and for our families in need. You made a difference." Shit, that was lame. It kind of sounds like I just want to thank him for helping tonight. I hope he knows I have an interest in him romantically. Should I say more? Why is this so damn hard?

Jungkook's POV

That's it? He wants to take me out and thank me. Was that the extent of his feelings? Gratitude. I thought for a moment he might have asked me to go with him tonight. I would go if he were to ask. I'd follow this man anywhere. Shit, I'm desperate.

"Oh, yeah. I can do dinner tomorrow. I'll be going into work for a few hours so just text me with the arrangements." I smile nervously.

There's an awkward pause as if he wants to tell me something. My anticipation is high.

"Oh thanks, I guess I'll be seeing you," he says.

I nod and feel my heart dive into my belly.

Sadly, he turns and moves towards the door. I'm disappointed. I watch as he slowly moves away. I want to be with him tonight. He has not made one move towards me that indicates he has an interest in me other than my work at Kim's.