Chapter 44

Previously 

Y/N: " You should finish dinner before teaching those 2... "

Present 

Just as Y/N had predicted, Shinobu appeared in front of their house the next day. Sensing that she was already here, Y/N used some magic to open the door as he was currently being a couch potato, enjoying his morning bowl of frosted flakes. It startled Shinobu who was at the door, since she didn't press the bell or knock on the door. 

Y/N: " Just come in. " 

Shinobu: " Pardon my intrusion. " 

Y/N got up from the position he was at and faced her, while slowly lifting his spoon and taking another bite of the cereal, Shinobu can clearly see and hear the television program that was playing. Just a simple game of cat chasing a mouse, although it involved a giant bulldog in its house, multiple screams can be heard from the TV but she was more focused on what was Y/N eating. 

Y/N: " Want some? " 

Shinobu: " Sure. " 

Another bowl popped out from his hand and some milk and cereal floated in front of her from the kitchen, which shocked her of course. Thinking that Y/N was just using some strings to move the items, she tried to swipe the top of the milk carton but it didn't fall. 

Y/N: " Right, you don't see this daily. I'm just using magic cause I'm too lazy to move, nothing much to be surprised about. You're going to get used to it as time passes on. " 

Once the cereal was prepared, Shinobu took it off Y/N's hand and took a bite. Sweet, that was all she tasted, compared to the balance meal she has for breakfast. 

Shinobu: " You ingest this much sugar for breakfast? " 

Y/N: " I can finish a whole box if I wanted to, doesn't kill me. "  

Shinobu: " So when does training start? " 

Y/N: " Today, I'm going to take away your katana. We're going to start with some basic hand to hand combat, before we start killing each other. " 

Shinobu: " What? Killing each other? " 

Y/N: " You must've heard wrongly, I mean training with each other.... " 

Shinobu just deadpanned and finished the cereal before heading to the kitchen to place down her bowl, she then saw a tall woman, with blonde hair in a red dress in the kitchen preparing some food. The woman sensed Shinobu's presence and turned around greeting her. 

Eva: " You must be Shinobu. " 

Shinobu: " I am, nice to meet you... Mrs Sparda? " 

Eva: " Oh don't be so formal, just called me Eva. I'm Y/N's mother. " 

With a small introduction, Eva continued to prep for lunch. She then shouted from the kitchen and asked Y/N if Shinobu is staying for lunch and dinner in which he replied that she would be staying for about a month. Utensils was then heard dropping onto the floor, Eva then started walking out like the undertaker when the bell is heard. With the slipper on hand and an apron that spells out 'World's best mum', she walked out with a closed eye grin. 

Eva: " Why didn't you tell me about her staying for a month~? " 

Y/N: " I'm pretty sure I did, mum. " 

Eva: " So your calling me forgetful now~? " 

Y/N: " You're going to scare the guest mum. " 

Eva: " This also serves as a warning to her my son~ "