Junior Year, Summertime

"Okay, okay," Connie tried through giggles. "Listen, it's step one, two. Then three, four. And then this and this and then that." She taught him the dance perfectly. An elegant, beautiful girl trying to teach him a TokTok dance was tickling him to no end.

She was so cute.

He held up a hand, "Connie, musically eidetic memory, remember?"

So they practiced together. It was supposed to be a couples dance, and they surely coupled. Steven loved all music, and even if it was just for a silly thing like this he'd always join in.

The next day, he received a voicemail from Strawberry.

"Oh my stars call me right now."

Immediately he filled with worry, hitting the button and barely making it past the first ring.

"Hello?"

"Connie!" He sighed in relief. "What's going on? Are you hurt?"

She laughed. "Steven, we went viral. My mom's making me delete it but I wanted you to see first."

He pulled out his phone and searched for her page. "Excuse my language but holy shit... we... we do look really good together."

"Apparently 104k people think so too." Her minorly sultry tone made his shield summon on accident.

"Maybe... we would look even better together right now? Just hanging out?"

"I'll be over in a couple of hours."