☆ 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡.

*·˚𝟭𝟰 ─── 𝗟𝗘𝗠𝗢𝗡 𝗕𝗢𝗬. ⋆。

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

THE BELL TO THE ice cream shop chimed as you and Suna walked in, the both of you shivering due to the cold November air. Although it was cold today, you and Suna could care less as it was tradition to go to the ice cream together after school once a week.

Although Suna had been more like his usual self rather than grouchy, he also seemed a bit more quiet. Staring at the large display of ice cream, he watched as you thought about what you would get rather hard; it was almost as if he could see the loading sign above your head.

He cleared his throat as he pretended to study the many different flavors of ice cream, catching your attention. "So... what do you think about meeting Fukurodani."

You knew what he was actually asking, of course you did, because you knew Suna the best just as he knew you the best.

You decided not to make it known that you knew what he was asking, humming in response before speaking. "I think it'll be fun, Yukie and Kaori are excited."

"I bet," he responded, settling his eyes on his favorite flavor. "I bet they're telling the other managers to expect you, they'll love you."

"They'll never love me as much as you do," you stated cheekily, brightly grinning up at him. You truly believed that. You didn't think anyone could love you as much as Suna did.

Growing up with the boy was tiring, mischievous, and it required a large amount of patience, but it was also sweet, safe, and it felt like home. You hoped that when he got a girlfriend that he wouldn't forget you or change, because you knew you wouldn't know how to react to that change.

"They wish they could." He was blunt about it and despite his attempt at hiding his grin, it escaped onto his lips once he turned to stare down at you.

It didn't matter that it didn't make sense that you hadn't even met the other managers yet. All that mattered was that you were here with your platonic soulmate, having a heart to heart after months without one.

"Hello, may I take your order?" The girl behind the ice cream bar had caught both of your attention, Suna snapping his head to stare at her.

"I'll get three scoops of chocolate on a cone, please. She'll have a chocolate covered strawberry smoothie. No toppings other than the whipped cream on the smoothie, please."

Just like you knew what he would order, he knew would you would want, but it shocked you to a certain extent. You hadn't even uttered a word about wanting the smoothie instead of the ice cream, yet he had no difficulty knowing what to order.

Suna noticed your stare, watching as you turned your head slightly in order to side eye him, one of your eyebrows raising.

"Stop making that stupid face. You've been talking about how you've been craving the smoothie for a week now."

You had said that to Atsumu, not him. However, it didn't matter because he was willing enough to remember things like that about you; that's what you loved.

"So..." he started, leaning against the counter as you both waited for the worker to finish making your smoothie. "You excited about... you know... seeing Akaashi?"

You had subconsciously smiled, gazing down at the floor as you tapped your fingers against the counter. That was all he needed to know your answer. Of course you were excited to see Akaashi, of course you were happy that you would be able to meet him.

"A little, he's probably going to run away from me, though." You knew that was a lie, a joke you were trying to tell.

Akaashi and you had been texting since the end of September, two months going on three. He had obviously warmed up, even beginning to take in your texting habits and some of the things you said. Your texting with him kept growing more frequent as time went on and you felt as if what started out as playful flirting on your part was beginning to form into a small crush. However, you had no right to say that to yourself before you met him; you told yourself that to keep from delusions.

"I doubt that. Seems like he likes you," Suna replied, refusing to look over at you. He could see as you turned your head upward to stare at him from the side of his eye, his jaw clenching slightly.

"...I don't think so. He only thinks of me as a friend, which is funny because he seems really blunt and kept to himself, at least to me because I haven't seen what he's like face to face."

"We'll be there for a week and a weekend, you'll have plenty of time to find out what he's like."

"What about the team? And you?"

"Don't worry about us, it's just a training camp."

"...But I want to experience some of it with you."

You had caught him off guard. He had observed a large number of girls push their friends, even the closest ones, to the side once they were interested in a boy. Suna knew you were nothing like those girls, but he thought all girls felt like they wanted to spend all their time with who they liked the most.

"Then split the time between loverboy and us, simple." He had tried to make it seem as if your response didn't make him feel as if he on top of the moon, grinning down at you slightly, something you got to see frequently while others thought it was rare.

Before you could respond, your order was called and Suna paid the worker, handing you your smoothie carefully.

"Now let's go to your house and watch Jersey Shore."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

the writing kind of sucks in this chapter but I needed a filler and it's three am 😞😞

ALSO I AM SO EXCITED

I'm writing a Daichi fic but I'm not sure if I should make it as him as a third year or a college au 🧐
thoughts on that decision pls 🙏🏼