6. "I feel pretty alive right now."

BACK AT the Byers residents, the party had explained to Hopper, Nancy, Johnathan and Steve about the Mind Flayer and how to kill it. They planned to keep Will in the shed and get answers about his weakness. Hopper had given everyone jobs. Dustin, Lucas and Jax were supposed to empty the trash cans.

"Hey. I'm- I'm sorry about dart. I thought he was my friend. I was wrong." Dustin apologized to Lucas. "And Jax I'm sorry I got mad about Max knowing. I broke the rule of law. I understand if you want your girlfriend to take my spot in the party. Dustin rambled.

"Woah- Dust, she's not my girlfriend." Jax denied.

"I saw you two holding hands on the bus. And you guys have been alone like a million times. And I heard you call her pretty." Dustin listed off.

"She was just scared. And- she was upset. I was trying to cheer her up." Jaxon looked at Lucas for help.

"So you don't think she's pretty?" Lucas asked.

"No- i didnt say that! I just- like shes not not pretty but she's not pretty as in I like her. Cause I dont." Jax could feel his face turn read, as he nervously rambled.

"Maybe, but I could feel it."

"Feel what?"

"The electricity." Dustin said as he got up and went back to the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the house some time later, everyone was on guard listening to the screeching outside. Nancy and Hopper had guns, while others had their own personal weapons. Jax had a slingshot, along with Lucas and was standing infront of Max protectively. Breaking the silence, a demogorgon flew through the window.

"Holy shit.." Dustin breathed out.

"Is it dead?" Max asked.

The locks on the door opened by themselves and everyone quickly turned. Hopper lowered his gun when he saw the face of El walk in with a bleeding nose and slicked back hair.

"Eleven.."

"Mike.."

They hugged, and they both started to cry.

"Is that..?" Max began to ask, and Jax just nodded his head at her.

"I never gave up on you. I called you every night. Everynight for-"

"353 days. I heard."

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper spoke up. "The hell is this? Where have you been?"

"Where have you been?" El shot back. Hopper brought her into a fatherly hug.

"You've been hiding her. You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike shoved Hopper, and the older man grabbed his collar. "Hey! Lets talk. Alone." He took Mike to another room. Meanwhile, El walked up to Dustin and Lucas and gave them both a hug. She then went up to Jax and gave him a hug. Max's hands subconsciously turned into fists. She looked away from the interaction, and Lucas noticed.

"Cute." El had grabbed Jax's face and squished his cheeks.

"What? Oh- OH- thank you. Um-" he gently removed her hands and placed them back at her sides. "I'm happy you're back."

"Me too." El smiled. Suddenly, there was a hand that stuck out.

"Eleven? Hey. I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you." Max smiled, with her outstretched hand. El slightly nodded and walked right past her.

"Don't worry, she's never had any friends before us. Hasn't even seen another girl our age I don't think." Jax excused, putting a hand on Max's shoulder.