27. "Mikey wears tighty whities."

"WHAT EXACTLY were you all doing at the lake?"

Lucas, Dustin, Jaxon and Max were all taken to the Wheeler residents to be interrogated by the cops and their parents, as Katen had made a report that Nancy was missing.

Max looked at the three boys, waiting for them to answer.

"Uh.. its com-"

"We were just.. we were just going for a walk." Max nodded.

"A walk?" Officer Callahan questioned. "At 9pm?"

"To the lake!" Dustin's pitch got increasingly higher as he lied. "We were gonna.. take a little swim......... little night swim."

His lie was so obvious Jax had to squeeze Max's hand to stop himself from laughing. "Yeah, exactly. That's why my hair is wet." He turned to Max, who nodded in agreement. They were definitely selling the lie better than Lucas, who was just staring at the cops with his mouth open.

"Dusty. Someone was just murdered there." Ms. Henderson scolded her son.

"Yeah, we.. we didn't realize that until we got there."

"That's why we didn't swim!" Lucas piped in, and Jax just face palmed. He knew they were totally screwed.

"Wait, he just said you guys swam." Callahan pointed at Jax. "Did you, or did you not?"

"Well- I did, cause I was excited. Then they remembered about the murder, so I got out." Jax glared at Lucas.

"And Nancy, was she with you at this night swim?" Ms. Wheeler asked, scared for her daughters safety. Ted though, just seemed unhappy it was their house they were in.

"No." Max immediately denied.

"Yes, uh-" Dustin confirmed, but then looked at Max's angry face.

"We're not sure." Lucas sighed, and Jax just chuckled to himself.

"Oh, you think this is funny? Murders and unsafe children?" Officer Callahan glared at Jaxon, who straightened up.

"No, sir."

"Y'know, your father is in jail for the same reasons. Maybe your family is no different from one another." Callahan taunted, obviously trying to get a reaction out of Jax. Max put her hand on his bicep, indicating she didn't want him to say anything bad. Jax just clenched his jaw and nodded understandingly at the new Sheriff. The parents shared a glance of recognition that the Officer had taken it too far.

"Have you been in contact with Eddie?" Powell asked, after telling Callahan to cool it.

"That psycho, freak killer? God, no. Nope. Absolutely not." Dustin shook his head.

"No. We haven't heard from him in ages." Max butted in.

"Barely know the guy." Lucas added.

"Oh, that's a bunch of bull." Erica walked over from her previous position, which was leaning against a wall with her arms crossed.

"Erica!" Mr and Mrs Sinclair scolded.

"I mean, you realize they're lying. The whole couch is on fire!"

"Erica."

"Just the facts!"

"Are you lying to these policemen, Dusty?" Ms. Henderson asked, looking at her son.

"No!"

"Lying to the cops is a crime, son." Mr. Sinclair pointed a finger at Lucas.

"I'm not lying!"