11. "I love when we humble Mike!"

FOOTSTEPS ON the cabin's wooden floor woke Jaxon up. El was pacing back and forth waiting for Mike to arrive. He didn't need to be told because he came over everyday at 9:30. The boy yawned and walked out of his room as he adjusted his shirt properly.

"-come over after?" El was now on the phone with Mike, trying to convince him to spend time with her. Jim was weirdly smiling behind her at Jax. He knew what Hopper did, and he kinda felt bad. Though, on the other hand, he's kind of glad the plan is working so far.

Eventually El put the phone back on the wall and walked to her room.

"Hey, whats going on?" Jim asked, getting no reply. Silently, he high fived Jax before handing his kid the Honey Smacks cereal box.

Jax poured himself a bowl, sitting down at the table to eat it with Hopper. He told him to hurry and get dressed after he ate, which he did. Jaxon was clad in a hawaiian shirt and some jorts. He also slid some sunglasses on just like Jim. After telling El they were leaving, the chief began to fly down the road, blasting 'You Don't Mess Around With Jim' by Jim Croce.

"And they say don't tug on Superman's cape!" Jim sang, clapping to the rhythm.

Jax was singing as well with a smile plastered on his face. "You dont spit in the wind!" He continued, tapping on the side of the police car with his arm out the window.

Once they arrived at Melvalo's General were Joyce worked, they both exited the car and Jim lead the way, ripping the door open as Joyce looked over. Jax stood awkwardly behind him.

"Emotions have been shared," he walked in, letting Jax catch the door and enter as well. "Boundaries have been set. Order.. had been.. restored!" Jim spoke dramatically.

"Wait- wait- it worked?" Joyce asked surprised.

"Uh- this is the first day in 6 long, excruciating months that they will not be seeing each other!" Jax exclaimed.

"So what he's trying to say is: YES, I think it worked! Yes!" Hopper pumped his fist in celebration as Joyce began to clap. Jaxon laughed and began to walk down the isles.

"No, stop! I'm the puppet, you're the master." Jim gushed.

"So you remembered everything?"

"Yeah, yeah." He laughed. "I mean- i had to improvise a little bit. Turns out getting to Mike- that was the key."

"And you didn't yell at him?" Joyce clarified, looking at him skeptically.

"I'll tell you everything over dinner. I was thinking, y'know, Enzo's tonight, 7 o'clock." Jim asked smoothly. Jax couldn't help but chuckle and listen into their conversation, grabbing a bag of Cool Ranch doritos and two cokes from the shelf and bringing them to Joyce to ring up. She bagged them but when he went to pay she just smiled and waved him off, indicating it was on the house.

"And hey- before you say no, I'd like to make one thing crystal clear. This," he motioned between the two adults. "-is not a date."

"Wh- a date? You never said anything about a date?" Joyce asked confused.

"I know. I didn't say anything about a date. I just wanted to clear it up incase there was any confusion on your part." Jim shook his head denyingly as he spoke.

"Theres not." Joyce chuckled.

"Great. It's just two friends getting together for a nice dinner." Jim concluded. "I mean, we've earned it, right?"

"I can't be out late."

"You'll be home by nine."

"Eight."