29. "Really romantic."

"GUYS? COME see what Eddie found." Nancy had softly knocked on Max's door. Max opened it with a half smile before pulling Jax with her back to where everyone was.

"Do you think fake Rambo has enough guns there?" Robin asked with hands on her hips. "Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?"

"Well, lucky for us it is, so.. This place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and uh, angry hicks." Eddie looked around to everyone, trying to persuade them.

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the 'War Zone.'" Erica sassed, as Jax piped up.

"If anyone has something to say, we can just stick a grenade in their mouth and shoot their face off." Jax looked over at Robin with a smile when he mentioned a grenade, before Eddie rose his hand for a high five.

"I knew you had some fun left in you, Grazer." The older guy praised.

"What, because I don't hot-box with you and Tommy H anymore i'm no fun? My dad was Chief of police, man." Jaxon threw his hands up in defense.

"Wait, you hung out with Tommy H and smoked weed?" Steve butted in.

"It- it was a long time ago, okay?"

"When you were what, six?!"

"Guys. Forget about it. We need the weapons." Nancy interrupted, changing the subject. "I think it's worth the risk."

Max couldn't help but glare at her boyfriend. She still couldn't believe he had made such bad decisions, and then hid it from her. Dustin hid it from her, too!

"I agree." Lucas nodded, though he probably just missed his wrist rocket from the summer.

"But is it worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there and back." Dustin looked at the two with a bit of a saddened tone.

"Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie asked.

"What, you got some sort of car we don't know about?" Steve looked at him.

"It's not exactly a car, Steve. And it's not exactly mine, but uh- it'll do." Eddie smirked, before turning to Max. "Hey, Red. You got a ski mask or a bandanna, something like that?"

She thought for a moment before Jax slapped her arm softly. "Myers mask." Max nodded before walking off to her bedroom to find it.

"Seriously, Tommy H?" Steve looked at Jax with disbelief.

"He was chill when he was baked. A lot less chatty, too." Jaxon shrugged, staring off into space for a minute. He felt a tap on his shoulder, pulling him back to reality. When he turned around, he let out a yell when Max stood there with the mask on.

"What the fuck!" Jax scolded, as she took the mask off and laughed with everyone else. Handing it off to Eddie, she placed a kiss on his cheek and followed everyone out. Eddie led them around and through the park, before finding a trailer with people sitting out front. Bringing them behind it, he looked around before opening the back window and climbing through.

"That was suffocating."

One after another everyone jumped through the window, Eddie quickly locked the door and ran over to hot wire the engine.

"Hey, I was thinking- could we stop at the shelter before we go to the War Zone? There's something I gotta do before we leave." Jax had asked Robin, who he guessed had higher authority to say where they went.

"Uh, yeah I can talk to Steve. Or Eddie. Not sure who's driving yet." She gave him a smile before walking over to them. Suddenly, all the lights came on and banging could be heard from outside. Jax jumped again, falling into Max's arms.