13. "Draw, puppet, draw."

SETTLED IN for the night at Max's house, El was in the bathroom brushing her teeth while Max and Jaxon were sat on the girls bed. Well- Max was sitting but Jax was laying with his head in her lap. He was reading his Spider-Man comic since he never got to finish it, while Max was waiting with a Wonder Woman and Green Lantern comic by her side. She was waiting for El to choose which one she wanted to read, so she looked at the illustrations in Jax's until El came back.

When El came out of the bathroom, Jax got up and went to brush his own teeth.

"Which one?" Max asked, holding up both comics.

"I don't know." El spoke, tucking herself into bed. She looked at the wall, obviously thinking about something.

"Hey, theres nothing to worry about anymore, okay?" Max reassured.

"It doesn't make sense."

"What doesn't make sense?"  Max questioned.

"Heather." Clarified El. "The blood. The ice."

"Heather had a feffer (fever) so she took a baff (bath), she's beh-er (better) now." Jax spoke with his mouth full of toothpaste.

"That has to be it." Max nodded her head, smiling at her boyfriends stupid antics. "I don't know where that blood came from, but we saw her. We all saw her. She's totally fine."

"What about Billy?"

"What about him?"

"He seemed wrong."

Max chuckled. "Wrong is kind of like his default."

"But its good to know he's not a murderer, cause that would've totally sucked." Jax spoke, walking back from the bathroom and sitting on the bed beside El.

"Who is that?" El asked, changing the subject.

"See, this is why you can't hang out with Mike all the time. This is Wonder Woman, aka Princess Diana. Shes from Paradise Island, which is like- this hidden island where there are only women amazon warriors." Max explained.

"And they're super hot." Jax smirked, earning a hit to the head with Max's pillow. "What the hell!"

"C'mon, El. 2v1!" Max rose to her knees and started to hit Jax with her pillow. El quickly copied. She enjoyed beating up her brother.

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jax had fallen asleep on the floor, respectively letting the girls take the bed. He was having a nice sleep, until he heard Lucas's voice on the walkie beside his head. Jax jumped awake and grabbed it.

"Max do you hear me? This is a code red."

"Shut. Up." Jax groaned tiredly.

"Jax? Why do you have Max's walkie?"

"I'm at her house you idiot! Now let us sleep." And with that, Jax pushed down the antenna and shut off the supercom. It was nice for a few seconds before her phone began to ring.

"You've got to be kidding me." Msx spoke angrily, getting out of bed to answer the phone. "I'm sleeping, go away!"

"This is Mike. Do not hang up. Something happened, something bad. Our very lives can be at stake."

"What are you talking about?" Max asked.

"Just come over to my house. We'll explain everything. Hurry." Mike hung up the phone, leaving Max confused.

"What did he say?" El questioned.

"We gotta go to Mike's." Max sighed.

"Are you serious? I was having a good dream!" Jax groaned again, lazily pulling himself off the floor.  He called dibs on the bathroom first, changing into a blue and orange striped shirt and some brown corduroy shorts. After fixing his hair, him and the two girls set off to go to Mikes.