12. "He's not that good looking."

NOW AT home, the Hopper siblings and Max were in El's room listening to music and reading magazines. Max was dancing around with a hairbrush as a microphone singing 'Angel' by Madonna. Jax was on the bed with El reading the new Web of Spider-Man comic that was out. He was sitting with his back against the wall with his legs criss cross'd. El began to smile as she flipped through the pictures and Max stopped singing to kneel beside the bed.

"Oh, you found Ralph Macchio." Max chuckled.

"Macchio?" El asked.

"Yeah, he's the karate kid. Hai-yah!" Max did a karate chop making all three of them laugh.

"He's so hot right?" Max exclaimed.

"He's not that good looking." Jax spoke bitterly.

"I bet he's a great kisser too." Max continued.

Jax's jaw dropped and playfully hit Max's arm. "I'm right here!"

"I never said you were bad!" Max jumped on the bed and scooted over to Jax, placing one, two, three kisses on his lips. Then she looked back to El. "Hey, is Mike a good kisser?"

"I dont know. He's my first boyfriend." El shrugged.

"Ex-boyfriend." Jax corrected. El stayed silent.

"Hey, forget about it. Okay? He'll come crawling back to you in no time. I bet you he's wallowing in self-pity and misery right now." Max laughed.

"Please, El take me back! I miss you and never wanna be away from you ever again!" Jax joked, making fun of Mike. The two girls laughed.

"God, what I would do to see his stupid face." Max said, as El looked down in thought. "What is it?"

El got off the bed and picked up her radio, turning it to static. She then grabbed her blindfold and sat on the floor. Max and Jaxon was sitting on the bed holding hands.

"Is this really gonna work?" Max asked. El simply nodded. "Holy shit, this is insane."

"Max."

"Yeah. Quiet. Sorry."

Jax squeezed her hand as they say in silence for a minute.

"I see them." El spoke.

"What are they doing?" Max asked, dragging Jax off the bed to kneel infront of El.

"Eating." It went quiet again. "They say we are 'species'."

"What?"

"Emotion, not logic."

Max looked over at Jax with her brows furrowed. He just shrugged until El ripped of the blindfold.

"What happened?" The boy asked. She just started giggling and laid on her side, causing the couple to laugh as well, until they heard Hoppers car in the driveway.

"Quick! Get the magazines!" Max swatted Jax's shoulder, who turned and handed them to the girls. He grabbed his own and sat on the bed.

"Hey! Hey!" Hopper yelled out. Jax gulped, starting to get nervous. James used to do the same thing when he was drunk. "When I say three inches I mean three-" Jim busted open the door, causing Jax to jump.

"Do you knock? Jeez!"

"Yeah, jeez!"

"Ohohoh hey, I'm sorry. I thought that ah-"

"Mike's not here." Max reassured.

"Max wanted to have a sleepover. Is that okay?" El asked.

"Yeah.. yeah! Yeah! Your parents know about it?"