21. "Get out of my head!"

THE NEXT day, Jax, Dustin, Steve, Robin and Max had gone out to buy Eddie some food, since it was obvious he would have to hide out in the boathouse for a while. Dustin carried their bags as Jax pushed open the door, making Eddie scream. "Jesus!"

"Did you forget we were coming back?" Jax peeked his head into the door.

"Delivery service." Dustin smiled, holding up the grocery bags. Max pushed on Jaxon's back, making him push Dustin inside. Eddie let out a heavy sigh, before Dustin handed him the bags. He ripped open a box of Honey Combs and a beer.

"So we've got some good news and some bad news, how would you prefer it?" Dustin asked, sitting infront of Eddie. Everyone had taken a seat or was leaning against something.

"Bad news first, always." Eddie responded with his mouth full of cereal.

"Alright. We tapped into Hawkins PD dispatch with our cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also they're pretty convinced you killed Chrissy." Dustin unfortunately was the one to break the news.

"Like 100% kind of convinced." Max confirmed. Today, she had a new outfit on. A red and white shirt, with a blue and yellow jacket. Little did anyone else know, that it was Jax's shirt. He wondered if she knew that, or just thought she must've bought it at some point. He was still so confused on what Max was feeling. But he needed to give her the time and space to fix herself.

"And the good news?" Eddie asked.

"Your name hasn't gone public yet." Robin informed. Jax gave Eddie a thumbs up and a smile in hopes to try and cheer him up, since he knew the good news wasn't really that great.

"But, if we found out about you, its only a matter of time before others do." Robin made the 'good' news even worse. "And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

"Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie asked bitterly.

"Personally, I think the freakiest thing is how obsessed Jason is with Chrissy- or- was." Jax thought out loud. Max hit his arm when he 'corrected' himself. "Ow! What? Too soon?"

"Way too soon." She nodded.

"So, before that happens, we need to find Vecna, kill him, then prove your innocence." Dustin explained his terribly loose plan.

"Thats all, Dustin? Thats all?" Eddie gave a sarcastic smile.

"Yeah, no, thats pretty much it." Dustin nodded.

"Listen, Eddie. I know everything Dustin's saying sounds totally delusional but we actually have been through this kind of thing before. I mean, they have.. a- a few times, and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, and theirs wss more smoke-related, but bottom line is, I really feel like we've got this." Robin rambled. Eddie still didn't look like he believed anything she was saying.

"Yeah, see- we usually rely on this girl with superpowers, but those kind of went bye-bye, so-" Steve began, picking at the skin on his chin.

"We're in more like a-"

"Kinda.."

"A brainstorming phase?" Max suggested, looking up at Robin for confirmation.

"Brainstorming." Steve snapped his fingers in agreement.

"There's... Theres nothing to worry about." Dustin shook his head as his pitch became higher.

Suddenly, sirens could be heard approaching the house.

"Shit." Steve muttered under his breath.

"Tarp." Jax and Robin said in unison.

"Tarp. Tarp." Max encouraged. Eddie pulled the tarp over him and the other 5 rushed to the window. Thankfully, the police and ambulance sped past the boathouse.