Part 2

Sitting in my doctor's office, I pondered over the recent encounter with the bruised woman who darted in front of my car. Her battered appearance weighed heavily on me. What led to that incident? Was she trapped in an abusive cycle? There have been numerous articles an reports on abusive relationships, as of late.

Reflecting, I couldn't fathom resorting to violence for control or respect. It's a vile notion. I never want my daughter to face physical harm in the name of love, nor do I desire my son to raise a hand against a woman. Stepping away from such situations helps immensely.

Educating society about the true essence of love is crucial. Love, as described, is patient, kind, humble, respectful, and does not seek harm. These vital aspects of love found in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 should guide our relationships.

The door creaked open, revealing not the doctor but a familiar nurse, Kelly. Her pleasant smile stirred vague memories. "Hello, sir, I'm Nurse Kelly. Mr Winston will see you soon," she greeted.

"Good day, Kelly," I responded warmly. "Have we met before?"

"At Gideon's party," she stated.

"Really? Anything aside from that day?"

Leaning casually against a table, Kelly recounted our rare encounters, including a chance meeting years ago. "Would you like to have dinner with me?" I proposed, surprising even myself.

Silence lingered before Kelly accepted, and I made plans to call her the next day. With the doctor's arrival, our conversation paused. Curious about Kelly, I mulled over various questions about her character and compatibility, pondering why I hadn't reached out earlier.

After the hospital visit, I found myself leaving, only to be handed a piece of paper by Kelly with her number. Gratefully accepting the gesture, I acknowledged our forthcoming plans.

Arriving home, an agitated Gideon burst through my door, accusing me of reckless behaviour and endangering a woman's life. Setting the record straight, I clarified that I had helped the injured woman and ensured she received proper care. An apology followed, and I proceeded with my tasks.

Packing supplies for the woman, Gideon questioned my involvement with Kelly, a topic I preferred to keep private. Unsettled by his persistence, I declared my disinterest in pursuing anything further with Kelly, prompting Gideon's insistence on a date.

Resolute in my decision, I dismissed Gideon's suggestions, emphasizing that Kelly didn't align with my preferences. Ignoring his persistence, I bid him farewell and departed, leaving behind his insistence and promises of covering expenses, each mile of the drive offering a moment of solitude.

Vote, Comment & Share