CHAPTER 1

"You did what!?" Merlin yelled. Her black hair with bangs moving as she got up from her seat and light blue eyes filled with shock. Her lean structure made her look weak and tender but this seventeen year old is the greatest sorceress to ever walk the earth. Her maternal uncle, Gaius had just returned from the castle of Camelot.

"What's with the reaction?" Gaius asked his niece. "You agreed that you would take up a job."

"You do realise that you're sending me as the servant of the prince who's family hates magic and as you always say, "you're the greatest sorceress to ever walk the earth"."

"Merlin, you will understand the reason why I did it."

"Oh really?"

"And also I do recommend that you cut your sass and sarcasm once you go there."

Merlin rolled her eyes and sat down back on the bench and picked up a bread to munch on. "So." She said with the bread in her mouth, "What am I supposed to do?"

"Oh you would have to wake him up every morning."

"Carry on." Merlin kept on munching.

"Bring him his meals."

"Wha-"

"Prepare his bath."

"Wai-"

"Choose his wardrobe and prepare his bed and you will be spending every day at his side from now on-"

"Gaius!" Merlin chocked on the bread and coughed it out. "I did save his life once-"

"That's why the king agreed to hire you."

"I was agreeing to be his servant and not his wife?!!!!!" Merlin yelled.

"Merlin. Realx Arthur won't even notice you."

"As if I will care about that sluggish snobbish prat." Merlin scoffed.

"Merlin." Gaius said with a hurt in his voice. "That's not the way you speak about the future king."

"If that's how the future king is."

"Anyways pack your stuff but before that clear this mess." Gaius pointed at the fallen books and portions of medicine on the floor. Gaius being a physician had made quite a mess on the table. Merlin had worsened it when she came to know about her knew job.

Gaius went to his chamber while Merlin sat on the bench and picked the fallen bottles up. After cleaning up she went to her chamber and packed up her clothes. She is currently wearing a blue tshirt, brown jacket, red neckchief and dark brown pants and boots.

"I'll be missing you." Gaius stated as Merlin walked down the stairs with her bag pack.

"Won't I be coming back?"

"That depends on the prince."

Merlin sighed. Using her magic she caused the curtains to tangel up and while doing so her eyes turned golden yellow.

That wasn't her only power and skill, she has God-like magic powers, Immeasurable Magical Powers, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Time control, Magical perception, Elementary control, Pyrokinesis, Electrokinesis, Aerokinesis, Atmokinesis, Can animate inanimate objects, Life and death magic, Magical shield, High magical resistance, Dragonlord's powers, Expert swordsman, intelligence and wisdom

"Why?" Gaius asked her. He had a slight trouble when the curtains tangel up and needed Merlin's help.

"So that I can come back."

"It's not going to be easy to get a off day so easy." Gaius stated. "And remember, you are magic itself you can't lose what you are."

Merlin gave him a blank look. Internally she didn't want to go there but she had no choice. The girl had a tough childhood, during Uther's annexation of Ealdor, then three year old Merlin was seperated from her single mother Hunith but was luckily found by her uncle Gaius and brought and raised up in the capital, Camelot.