CHAPTER 21

"Who's there?!" Arthur called out as he could see a human figure walking out of the lake waters and towards him. The mist was the barrier which prevented his eyes to actually see who that person was.

Behind the others couldn't make out much too but they were suprised to find Aithusa letting out happy shouts and flying around the lake and back to them.

"What's the matter little one?" Igraine asked the dragon.

Aithusa countinued to fly around and disappeared into the mist. Arthur saw her flying past him and straight towards the person in the water. Arthur couldn't lose anymore people and ran after the dragon until he was at the end of the wooden plank bridge. From there he saw the dragon and the person playing with eachother and suddenly Aithusa flew past Arthur while the others watched.

Arthur drew out Excalibur, "I won't ask again, who is there!" There was no response but that person just kept walking more closer to him. "I won't mind striking you down!"

"Oh really?" The person replied, by this point all of Arthur's emotions had driven him crazy, so much so that he couldn't even recognise whose voice it was.

"Who are you!?" Arthur asked again. "Oh dear lord, my heart's making me feel the impossible! That just can't happen!"

The mist died down and Arthur could finally see the person, standing right infront of him and Arthur's mind was completely blown by the face he saw. He didn't expect to ever see this particular person ever again.

"What Morgan said was right, I am gone mad." Arthur stated.

"Yes you are mad! Mad enough to not even believe what your own eyes are seeing." The person replied.

"But how can this be? My eyes are deceiving me-"

"You really are a clotpole, aren't you?"

Infront of Arthur, and in the water, stood Merlin! Alive and well, without a single scar or injury she had sustained a day back and she looked even better. Her hair had grown a bit and she stood wearing a beautiful dress.

"Why is my mind against me?" Arthur refused to believe that the love of his life was standing infront of him even after her death

"Why are you not ready to believe that it is me standing here?"

"How can it be? You're gone because of me."

"And I'm back because of you."

"I can't understand."

"You don't need to." Merlin stepped on the wooden plank bridge, infront of Arthur, just two feet away from him. Her hair blew with the wind. Arthur was still too shaken to actually realise that Merlin is alive and standing infront of him.

Arthur began to tear up as he slowly realised that his eyes aren't lying to him and his head and come back to it's place. His anger and sadness was disappearing and in that place happiness was filling in. The joy of having his loved on back.

"Is it a dream or is it real?" Arthur asked.

"Only dreams come true." Merlin replied and putting her arms around his shoulders she pulled him in for their first kiss. Arthur held her waist as the mist disappeared and everything was clear. The others saw them from far and cheered happily and ran towards them.

By the time they reached Arthur and Merlin pulled back and hugged eachother tightly.

"Never leave me again." Arthur said.

"I won't." Merlin assured.

"Now, since your back and are of age I must ask you something." Arthur said and left her hands. Arthur got down on one knee and removed something from his pocket.

"Do you, Merlin Ambrose, give me, Arthur Pendragon, the privilege to be your partner for life and have your hand to rule Camelot?"

"Oh my gosh! Arthur! Yes!" Merlin replied. She didn't expect a suprise for her.

Arthur put the ring of Merlin's finger and they returned to the castle. Never had Arthur ever felt to relieved to have Merlin back and this time, she finally made her his.

FEW DAYS LATER

Uther had received the sentence of life time imprisonment and was banished from Camelot. Arthur was crowned king of Camelot and preparations for his and Merlin's marriage begun. Merlin, appart from being the queen of Camelot was also made the queen of dragons. As soon as the crown was placed on her head, something different happened. The dress she was wearing suddenly changed into an even more prettier dress.

 The dress she was wearing suddenly changed into an even more prettier dress

Everyone present in the castle were very lucky as they saw the Queen of Dragons with their own eyes.

"Long live the king! Long live the queen!" They cheered on.