CHAPTER 23

"OW MY BACK!" Arthur yelled.

"Wake up daddy!" Emrys said. The boy had been told by his mother to wake his father up and finding his sleeping on his stomach, how could he resist the jump.

"Emrys, this would put me to sleep forever!"

"What do you mean?"

Arthur turned around and grabbed his son and ruffled his hair. He began to tickle him after few seconds.

"Daddy stop! Daddy!" Emrys laughed. "Daddy please."

Arthur gave in and let Emrys lay down beside him while the latter gasped for air. He began to laugh again and seeing him Arthur began to laugh.

"Daddy."

"Hmmm."

"You always smile differently when mummy, the knights, aunt Morgan, aunt Gwen, Matilda and I am around? If you're with someone else you don't smile like this."

"Because this is the real smile."

"It's beautiful."

"You've inherited my smile."

"And your eyes."

"You know, the only person who ever really understand me was your mother."

"Uncle Gaius told me that you both didn't get along at the start."

"Yeah but slowly we realised that our real happiness is when we have eachother." Arthur paused. "There's no one else like your mummy."

"She's pretty."

"The most beautiful woman to ever walk the earth."

"Isn't she the greatest sorceress to ever walk the earth?"

"She is both."

"I heard from some people that mummy died and came back. How is that possible?"

"Love can make anything possible."

"What is this love? You and mummy keep on saying I love you to eachother."

"So Merlin was right." Arthur stated. "You did hear."

"Mummy's always right."

"Not always."

"I knew you would never say that." Merlin said while she stood by the door and watched her husband and son on the bed. "My Arthur would never say that I'm always right."

"Just as my Merlin will also never say that."

"Mummy, daddy, you both are fighting again." Emrys grumbled.

"It's just a conversation we're having, can't we be friends and friends always have small friendly arguments." Merlin said and joined them while Arthur sat upright. Emrys climbed on his chest and they spoke more about the times Arthur and Merlin spent together.

Later that day after ending few of his royal duties and meeting with his knights, Arthur went back to his chamber and sat down infront of his table. He picked up the quill pen, removed a page from the drawer and began his work. He dropped the pen and looked at his armour kept on his bed but realised the cape wasn't there.

"Now where did that go?" He asked himself.

He heard the sound of metal clattering from behind and took to his sword, the Excalibur and pointed towards the sound which came from his dressing area. Someone banged the lamp behind as if shook violently and fell down, it followed by a familiar scream.