CHAPTER 19

Uther could stand anything but defeat and his soldiers were about to be defeated badly. He had to do something. All what he could do now to weaken his opponents was to injure someone but Kilgharrah was protecting the knights. Morgan needed no protection after Accolon arrived after Aithusa brought him there.

Merlin and Arthur were together against Mordred and the latter was already growing weak. He couldn't hurt Merlin but he could get Arthur injured but he couldn't do that either because of Uther. He looked at Uther.

"If you want to win, this is the only way!" Mordred said to Uther when he was thrown on the ground, knowing what was in his head.

"Camelot is more important!" Uther replied back. "Even him."

Mordred didn't waste a second more. He got up and with a flash of a second he injured Arthur, badly. Merlin couldn't do anything as she was, at that time, saving him from the other soldiers.

"ARTHUR!" Merlin yelled and sat down beside him and he fell in her arms. They both looked at eachother while the other couldn't come to them as they had to continue.

"Merlin, Merlin, you will not cast the fate swapping spell." Arthur commanded as he was about to die but still somehow had the energy to speak and look at her. "Don't."

Merlin smiled back and tears flowed from her eyes, "The jokes on you, I already did." She said and collapsed in Arthur's arms as Arthur regained his strength to sit upright and fight.

"MERLIN!!! NO!" Arthur yelled as Merlin was dying in his arms. "Merlin, please don't leave me."

"I.... I'll.....al...always...be... with....you." Merlin replied and wiped Arthur's tears.

"Why did you do this?"

"Because......I love you." Merlin slowed down and seeing her slowly closing her eyes, Arthur held her tightly in his arms as he wept bitterly. "Seeing.....you....alive is all.....I want. I was.....born...to protect....you, Arthur."

"My life will be wores than death if you aren't there in it." Arthur cried.

"Do....you...think I could....also live without you?....
I will return....for you."

Merlin then fell silent and closed her eyes. Arthur heart shattered in uncountable pieces. Aithusa landed on her and tried to wake her up but Merlin didn't respond to the cries of the baby dragon.

Everyone was heartbroken and in his anger and sadness Arthur picked up Excalibur and went on a killing spree and knocked out everybody and atleast he stood before Mordred.

"How dare you harm your future queen." He growled.

A battle broke out between them and it ended with Mordred's end while Uther fled from there. Arthur went back to Merlin and holding her in his arms he cried aloud while everyone else surrounded him.