CHAPTER 22

"..............And this is how the peace between magic and humans was restored and the king and queen lived happily ever after. The end." Gaius finished narrating the story.

Six years had passed since Arthur and Merlin were crowned king and queen. Now Gaius was busy in the castle, trying to get their five year old son, Prince Emrys Pendragon, to sleep but this little munchkin had too much energy. He inherited his black hair and bangs from his mother while blue eyes from his father.

"I wanna play Gaius!" He yelled as he stood up on the bed. "Sleeping is boring."

"You aren't old enough to decide that." Gaius said and tried to catch him to make him lay down on the bed again. "Come here, Emrys Pendragon."

"But you won't let me sleep."

"That's what I want you to do."

"No!" Emrys tried to jump down from the bed but he was just a five year old and he missed the landing, falling flat on his face on the floor.

"Dear lord, you're just your mother when she was small." Gaius said and carried him as he began to cry.

"What happened, Gaius?" Arthur came in the chamber. He hadn't changed at all, except in age. Even Merlin hadn't changed only she grew her hair a bit. "Emrys, up to your mischief again."

Arthur carried his son and ruffled his hair has he cried. He took him outside the chamber for a round for him to stop crying. After a while Emrys stopped crying and rested his head on his father's chest.

"Daddy?" Emrys asked.

"Yes."

"Gaius was telling me a story. Didn't the king and queen have a child?"

"Emrys, that story was of your mummy and daddy. And you are that child."

"I have magic!" Emrys yelled.

"We have to find out that. But even Merlin showed signs of magic at age five."

"Yay! I have magic! Can I fly?"

"No, but Aithusa and Kilgharrah can help you fly."

"So-"

"But only when your fifteen will I allowed you to ride a dragon."

"Daddy! Look! Shooting star!" Emrys pointed out of the window.

"Make a wish, sweety." Merlin said as she approached them and leaned on Arthur.

"Does it come true?" Emrys asked.

"What's wrong in trying?" Arthur asked him back.

Emrys looked at the shooting star and closing his eyes he made a wish, "I wish to become brave and strong like daddy and courageous and selfless like mummy!"

"By the way, Gaius said you don't want to sleep." Merlin stated.

"I'm not sleepy, mummy. I wanna play. Matilda won't come now, will she?" Emrys asked. "Ivanka also lives far away."

Matilda is the daughter of Gwen and Lancelot while Ivanka is the daughter of Morgan and Accolon. Ivanka lived in Gaul, the neighbouring country with her parents, the king and queen while Matilda lived in Camelot but wouldn't come late at nigh to play.

"How can they, Emrys? And besides if you don't sleep now you won't be able to get up tomorrow." Arthur explained.

"Okay fine." Emrys agreed. "But I don't want to sleep alone in my chamber. I want to sleep with you both."

"You've been sleeping in your chamber for four months now but there wasn't any problem." Arthur replied.

"There is one!"

"What is it?"

"I'm alone."

"Alright than, we'll give you a chamber once you're older." Merlin said and carried him from Arthur and they proceeded to their chamber.

There they put Emrys on the bed and Merlin tucked him in while Arthur sat down on the left side of the bed and Merlin on the right. Sandwiching their son in between. Emrys pulled the blanket but at the next moment he decided he didn't want it and pushed it away.

"Why are you fighting against the blanket?" Arthur asked him.

"I can't find a comfortable position to sleep with the blanket." Emrys said as he tried another position to sleep in.

Finally Merlin got on the bed and first wrapped her son in the blanket and then she hugged and kissed him on the forehead. Emrys felt the warmth of his mother and began to yawn and cuddle. Arthur joined them as he helped Merlin put Emrys down on the bed and they slept.