CHAPTER 8

"Merlin! Are you in your chamber? I have to tell you something!" Arthur yelled form outside her window looking up at the first floor window. There was a rustling paper in his hand.

Merlin woke up and was suprised to hear Arthur calling her so late in the knight. She got up from her bed and went to the window, there was a table below the window on which was a book and a candle and a chair at the side. She knelt on the table and looked down at Arthur. Her hair was left and it flew with the wind.

"Arthur? It's the middle of the night! What is it that can't wait till tomorrow? Merlin asked him. To her biggest suprise Arthur didn't speak but sang!

"The spell you got on me, it’s like magic
Got me feeling like falling in love
Got me feeling like I’ll never give up"

Merlin blushed as Arthur sang his made up song. She heard her chamber door open and in came Gaius holding a candle stand in his hand.

"Merlin? Would you like to explain to me why is the prince of Camelot singing declarations of love at your window in the middle of the night?" Gaius asked.

"Errrm." Merlin replied as he kept on foot down from the table.

"See, I told you."

"Gaius."

There was a knock on the main door.

"That must be my future nephew-in-law." Gaius said and walked out of Merlin's chamber and walked down the stairs. Merlin followed him. Gaius kept the candle stand on the table and answered the door. As Gaius expected Arthur was standing outside the door.

"Can I see Merlin?" Arthur asked Gaius. Merlin was standing behind Gaius. Gaius turned around and looked at Merlin standing there.

"She's there." Gaius let Arthur in and he saw her standing there in a blue long sleeves night dress with her hair left. Arthur was amazed when he saw her in a completely different form. Never had he seen her with left hair before.

Arthur walked towards Merlin and because he was staring at her he didn't see that table between them.

!BANG!

"Ouch!" Arthur groaned.

Gaius sighed and Merlin looked at him in disbelief. Arthur stood upright and dusted his clothes. He gave her a nervous look and laughed a bit.

"What brings you here, Arthur?" Gaius asked.

"Oh, I, ah, have come to see." Arthur looked at Merlin and the latter looked nervous.

"Oh so you do like her."

"I don't like her." Arthur's these words made Merlin heartbroken.

"What!?" Gaius said.

"I don't like her." Arthur said and looked at Merlin. "I love her."

Merlin felt her heart jumping up and down and out of her body. Gaius gave her a happy look while she smiled.

"But why did you-"

"I know you're mad at me." Arthur interrupted Merlin. "I acted like that because I didn't want anyone to know. I want to tell father at the correct time."

"I-"

"Please?"

"Alright fine."

"Thank you." Arthur prepared to leave. "And I promise to get you the best gift for your birthday."

"You know it's my birthday in a week and few days?"

"Ofcourse I do."

The next morning they told Uther about Excalibur. He praised his son but few seconds later he tasked his son to travel to any one of the far villages along with his knights as part of training. Arthur, Lancelot, Gwaine, Leon and Percival sat on the benches in the training area to decide the place to go.