CHAPTER 14

Merlin's birthday was hardly sixty hours away and Arthur hadn't yet started on the work he needed for his suprise. He had to get Merlin to leave him alone for him to work but she insisted on helping him. Arthur requested Morgan to go today for their material choosing to which she agreed.

Morgan, Gwen and Merlin left for the market and thankfully all the clothing shops were on the other side of the market and not near Gaius' chambers. The knights, meanwhile got to work on clearing the path to the lake. Lancelot and Arthur started from the lake while Gwaine and Leon started from the chambers. Percival was assigned to check if they were doing it well.

Meanwhile at the store Morgan and Gwen were busy with materials while Merlin began to look for a new dress and Gaius strictly told her that she should get a dress. They were many but non of her type or liking. She did like one lovely blue and gold dress but that was more expensive and she didn't have enough money. Morgan saw Merlin staring that the gown and remembered what Arthur had told her earlier.

Merlin moved on. Finally she found the type of dresses that she prefered and which were almost the same as what Morgan gave her. Merlin immediately liked the light blue and white off shoulder one with the blue straps on the shoulders.

 Merlin immediately liked the light blue and white off shoulder one with the blue straps on the shoulders

(It's off shoulder but it's slightly hard to make out cause the manuquane is the same colour)

She picked it up and took to where her friends had just finished choosing their materials. Royal purple for Morgan and pastel yellow for Gwen. They bought the things and began to walk back towards the castle. Morgan excused herself saying that she left something back in the shop and went back.

When she reached she told the owner, who so happened to be their royal chef's wife, to keep the dress Merlin first liked aside and that Arthur would collect it later. The owner agreed to the princess.

She joined them but knew that Arthur would never manage to finish in time, she had to take Merlin somewhere else but where? Gwen suggested to take her to the castle and keep her occupied with them. Morgan agreed. In the castle Morgan have Merlin the list of tasks that she needed to do for Arthur.

Merlin began and most of the things are what she would do everything time. She got tired but had gotten used to it by now. Gwen began her choores whole Igraine watched the girls and Morgan tried on different dresses.

"Had the food been done?" Gaius asked Gwaine as he tried to remove the plants on the way to the lake.

"I don't know. Arthur is arranging everything."

"That's what concerns me."

"Always his work is last minute."

"Where even is he?"

"Lancelot and he are clearing from the lake. We'll be meeting in the middle."