CHAPTER 11

"Has Arthur been giving you lots of work?" She asked.

Merlin gave Arthur a smirking look. If she told the truth, Arthur's done for but at the same time she didn't want him to get scolded by his mother.

"Some work, your highness." Merlin replied. Igraine looked at Gwaine.

"Arthur makes Merlin do all his work and if he can't find her he screams his lungs out to find her." Gwaine rambled.

"Arthur." Igraine looked at her son. Arthur hit his head. "I hope this isn't the way she'll be living later on."

"No, mother. I'll make sure she doesn't have to do any work." Arthur replied. "Don't get hopes right now, mother, she isn't eighteen yet."

"Wait, when are you turning eighteen?" Igraine asked.

"Next week, your majesty." Merlin answered.

"Anyways you must rest now." Arthur replied.

They all left the room while Igraine went to sleep.

In the following week, everything about Camelot was different.... Uther's good times of handling the kingdom alone had gone. Igraine began to assist him as usual and stopped him from passing any more horrible laws or messing up. But no matter how hard she tried she couldn't get him to lift the ban off magic. She did, however, help Accolon in speaking to Uther about his and Morgan's marriage.

In the courtroom before all of Uther's advisers, Arthur, the knights and everybody else Accolon declared his love for Morgan and asked Uther for her hand in marriage. Uther was initially hesitant, he had plans to occupy Gaul but if his daughter gets married there he must spare the kingdom. He was about to say no but that one look from Igraine made him immediately change his mind.

Accolon is a good man and would take good care of Morgan and would allow her to return to visit her kingdom whenever she wanted.

"Alright. I have always seen you as a good lad who can keep anyone happy. I give my daughter to you." Uther stated.

Everyone clapped hands for them.

"When is it that you want your marriage?" Igraine asked.

"I'll leave that to Morgan to decide." Accolon replied.

They all looked at Morgan. Morgan knew that whatever day she said would be the date for their marriage, she didn't want to miss Merlin's eighteenth birthday or Arthur proposing to her. So she decided to have it two months from now as she also wanted to spend more time with her mother.

"Two months from now, if that's ok." Morgan answered.

"That's up to you both." Uther answered. "Go, carry on with your work."

All the youngsters left the courtroom.

"You better take care of my sister, mister." Arthur said as he tapped Accolon's back.

"Ofcourse I will." Accolon replied.

"Now we have two weddings on the list!" Gwaine exclaimed.

"Ours is in two months. Who's is the other one and when is it?" Accolon asked.

"Lancelot and Gwen are also getting married but they haven't fixed the date yet." Leon answered. "When are you both deciding?"

"Gwen, I want you to be there at my wedding." Morgan stated. "As my maid of honour."

"Oh, thank you so much." Gwen answered. "I'm honoured."

"So ours will be after yours." Lancelot added. "What about you, Arthur?"

"Me?" Arthur asked.

"Yeah, aren't you marrying Merlin?" Percival asked. Arthur and Merlin blushed.

"Yeah, when are you getting married?" Accolon added.

"Ah, very soon. But first it's Merlin's eighteenth birthday in few days." Arthur changed the topic.