CHAPTER 9

Merlin found herself walking through the gate of the royal burial ground where all the kings and queens of the past rest forever. Each burial stone had different engraving and decorations.

"Great! I forgot to ask Gwen which stone it is." Merlin exclaimed.

Although all the stones were different it was hard to make out which one belonged to queen Igraine. Merlin walked through the graves and found each one older than another and thought of using this method to find the queen's grave. If Uther loved her so much that he banned magic because it caused her death than he would definitely be taking good care of her grave.

Merlin stood right in the middle and the vast area and looked in every direction. The sun was getting hotter and Merlin was growing tired and she finally saw a grave stone clean enough for the queen. Merlin walked towards the grave.

"Queen Igraine Pendragon." Merlin read, "Wife of King Uther Pendragon and mother of Prince Arthur Pendragon and Princess Morgan Pendragon."

Before Merlin could began her new job as a decorater she found a dead blue butterfly fallen next to the dead bouquet of previous flowers. Merlin felt pity for the butterfly and bent down. She picked the butterfly in her hands and closed her palms. Merlin's eyes turned golden as she brought the butterfly back to life and opened her palms for it to fly away.

 Merlin's eyes turned golden as she brought the butterfly back to life and opened her palms for it to fly away

The butterfly began to fly and hovered around the dead bouquet of flowers. Merlin understood that the butterfly wanted the flowers and Merlin thought that nothing would go wrong if she brings the flowers back.

Merlin raised her hand over the bouquet and as she cast the spell Gwen called her which made her loose her balance and her hand touched the mud.

"You're done with the decorations?" Gwen asked as she walked to her.

"Oh, I've just started. It took me a while to find the grave."

"Well do that later because we have to go to the castle right now."

"Why what happened?"

"There are some guests coming over and the king wants help in welcoming them." Gwen grabbed Merlin's hands and they ran back to the castle together.

Unbeknownst to them the spell Merlin intended to cast on the dead flowers would work on a rather unexpected person. It was afterall cast by the greatest sorceress to ever walk the earth. When the girls were just far enough to not here any noises from the graveyard there was a sudden scream.

Gwen and Merlin didn't hear the scream but a passing peasant did. He quickly began to look for the source and found it to come from under the earth.

"Let me out! Anybody there?! Help!" He shrill voice yelled.

The peasant, initially suprised and horrified at the idea of someone being buried alive began to dig the grave with the showel he had been carrying as was a farmer in the corn fields. He dug the grave and called in one of his peasant friend for help to break the coffin open. When they did open the coffin they were horrified to see who the person inside was. They immediately sprinted out of the pit and ran away from there.