CHAPTER 20

The following day was filled with sorrow in the kingdom of Camelot.....the knights had found King Uther and he was now going to face the wrath of his son. Arthur didn't show any emotion other than anger and sadness, no one could stand infront of him without feeling sorry for him. Igraine and Morgan tried to get him to eat but he was more concerned about the trial of his father.

They brought the king in the courtroom where the entire assembly was gathered and the people were standing outside the castle. All of them wanted Uther to leave the throne and Arthur should be crowned king but the former refused to leave his position as king. Arthur didn't sit on the throne, instead he stood infront of it facing his father while Aithusa landed on his right shoulder and Kilgharrah, being too gigantic, stood outside.

All waited to see what would happen next. The soldiers held Uther tightly as he tried to free himself.

"Arthur, I command you to let me go!" Uther yelled.

"And by what authority can you tell me that?" Arthur asked back. With pure anger.

"I am your father-"

"You are NOT my father!" Arthur yelled. "You would have never done what you did if you really cared for me!"

"Than as the king of Camelot I command y-"

"Who said you're the king?" Gaius asked. "After what you've done you don't deserve to even be a part of the royal family."

"Kill him!" The crowds both inside and outside cheered.

"What's going to happen?" Gwen asked Lancelot.

"Arthur's mind has anger against his father and pain of Merlin's loss. Whatever he must do he has to think properly." Lancelot answered.

Lancelot suddenly saw Arthur's hand slowly moving towards Excalibur and fearing that he might end up doing something bad, he jumped to him and stopped him. The friends looked at eachother and not after long, Gwaine, Leon and Percival also came up to them. Followed by Morgan, Gwen, Gaius and Igraine.

"Don't do this my friend." Lancelot said.

Arthur didn't respond and tried to get himself free from Lancelot's grip but then the other knights and Gaius also held him in a hug. He tried again and this time the girls hugged him and tried to weaken his cold anger and sadness by the warmth of their love.

"Don't stop me!" Arthur said. "Let me go!"

"We won't." Morgan answered. "We won't let you become like our father."

"He made me this way." Arthur growled as he looked at Uther.

"We will not allow you to become this way." Leon replied. "You're not just the son of your father, you're the once and future king of Camelot."

Arthur still wouldn't understand and tried his best to get himself free but they just held him harder. This also wasn't going to help for much longer.

"Is this what Merlin would have wanted!?" Gwaine asked. This made Arthur stop and break down on the stop. He cried like a small baby and allowed them to hug him properly without pushing them away.

"My Merlin is gone." Arthur wept. "She's gone because of me."

"Arthur, don't think this way." Igraine said to comfort him but he just kept crying.

"Merlin's dead because of me, mother!"

"Merlin died for you, you live for her." Igraine explained. "There's not greater love than sacrificing yourself for the one you love." She than looked at the crowds gathered there. "Put him in the dungeons untill we find a suitable punishment for his crimes."

To take Arthur's mind off all what is happening, the knights, Gaius, Gwen, Morgan and Igraine took him near the lake where they often went. Arthur sat down facing the lake while he leaned against a willow tree while the others watched him from far.

"I can't see him like this." Igraine stated.

"What do we do mother?" Morgan asked. "Merlin's death is something he can't handle."

"Can't we do anything to help?" Gwaine asked Lancelot.

"The only way to help him is by letting his heart fix itself." Lancelot answered. "It's very difficult for someone else to fix a broken heart."

Leon and Percival went to him and asked him whether he wants to have anything to eat but Arthur didn't answer them. They went back and reported to the queen that he didn't want to eat anything.

Suddenly the wind began to pick up and slowly it blew over the area. It passed through their hair and moved the leaves of the willows and the grass. The lake water waves changed it's pace. The wind suddenly began to blow faster, Aithusa, who just arrived there was blown away by these winds. The knights ran after her to catch her.

They covered their eyes as the wind blew faster and faster. Arthur finally stood up and tried to stand up against these winds. The others were few feet away from him and also trying to deal with these winds.

Arthur opened his eyes and couldn't believe what he was seeing infront of him. Although the place was covered by mist and the lake was completed invisible in it, he could see something there.