CHAPTER 4

He saddled his horse with Merlin infront and made her lean against him and he rode towards Gaius' chambers. The other couldn't ride horses but made it there in time to see Arthur saddling down and carrying Merlin in the same position as before.

Gaius opened the door and they came in. Arthur placed her on the bed which Gaius uses to treat his patients and went next to Gaius.

"Morgan remove that corset." Gaius instructed. "Gwen get me a bucket of water and a cloth."

"Gaius, it isn't a corset and it's a part of this dress." Morgan replied.

"Loosen it." Gaius replied back. Morgan did as told. Merlin still kept on panting heavily and looking at her state it didn't seem that she would make it.

Gaius opened one of the day books on medicine and poison that he had and after carefully removing what seemed to be a flower petal, he turned the pages of the book as Arthur watched him.

"Here it is!" Gaius yelled. "It's called blood fire flower this poison causes the nose to bleed and body to turn hot and it's long turm effects aren't that deadly just a cold every month or two weeks."

"The antidote?" Arthur asked.

"The leaves of this plant but it grows in cave in the forest south of the City of Camelot. And it's said to be guarded by a spell which allows the person to enter only if they answer the asked riddle correctly and if you don't than you must fight for your life."

"Sounds like fun." Arthur replied.

"It's not a joke, on the way you must we careful."

Arthur looked at Merlin fighting for her life against the poison and panting even more heavily now.

"She has only four hours." Gaius said.

"Than I must haste." Arthur left the chambers, got on his horse and rode back to the castle and put on his armour and picked up his sword.

Arthur got back on his horse but before he could go he saw Uther looking at him from the balcony. He didn't seem happy to see his son going out at this time but Arthur didn't care.

"Risking your life for that serving girl?" He asked.

"Father, she layed down her life for me. Can't I do this much?"

Arthur rode off before giving Uther a chance to talk back.

Meanwhile Merlin's state was growing worse, she began to pant even more heavily and Gwen kept the wet cloth on her head to decrease her body temperature.

"Don't worry, Merlin. Arthur will get the antidote soon." Morgan assured her.

"Arthur." Merlin said softly without opening her eyes.

"She's calling out to Arthur." Gwen said.

"I've finished preparing the portion now all we need the the leaf." Gaius added.

Arthur rode like the wind to reach there in time, it was one and half an hour's distance to reach there. As he rode he noticed something moving in the bushes and between the trees. He carefully got down and removed drew his sword out and picked up his shield.

To his suprise a rabbit ran away from there. Just as Arthur was about to put his sword back a bear jumped out of the same bushes. The bear wasn't happy to see Arthur and growled loudly at him. Arthur didn't want to waste his time fighting the bear so he got on his horse and began to run in a random direction and the bear followed him.

Arthur rode through a small narrow passage of rocks in the middle of the trees, his horse and he easily passed through there but the gigantic and fat bear got stuck. It began to growl at the prince while the latter stopped to laugh a bit.