CHAPTER 3

Amara made plans the next day to visit her family and celebrate the moment of her employment in a more elaborate manner. But after being far away from her family for so long, she felt kinda thrilled and was afraid she would pass out if she didn't take someone along. She made a quick phone call and invited Michael. He felt honored and promised to be at her home on time so they could make plans for the journey to her family. Although, he couldn't say he was particularly happy about what happened the previous day. For some reason unknown to him, he couldn't get the thought of Amara talking with that thug out of his head.

He however, braced himself. He was about visiting the wonderful family she never failed to talk to him about while in school. He had to make a very good impression being his first time seeing them. He dressed in his best and found his way to her house to make preparations with her.

The journey found them both in the earliest flight on board to the city of her origin the next day. Amara hadn't had a good sleep the previous night due to the excessive preparations so she took the initiative to have her night sleep during the journey. Michael tried to make small talks but when he discovered she was sleeping with her head leaned back against headrest, he sighed and adjusted her head making her lean her head against his shoulder. He patted her cheeks and and kissed her forehead, a gesture he would never make if she was awake for she would so skin him alive.

He enjoyed the rest of the journey just admiring her as she leaned on his shoulder and only woke her up the moment the plane was set to land.. They clicked their seatbelts and waiting till the plane landed, then they all alighted from the plane and went to get their luggages.

Amara had earlier Informed her parents about her arrival so they in time prepared a cab that would get them immediately they got to the airport. Amara and Michael got into the cab and the journey home began. Michael made himself comfortable as Amara pointed to various beautiful sights she has missed during her study. It felt so good to be home and her insides bubbled up with joy. Michael took the pleasure of admiring her all the way watching as her beautiful dimples revealed themselves with each smile.

At some point, she shivered and he wrapped his arms around her shoulders with the excuse of warming her up. She made several attempts to keep him off but he refused. At last, she gave up trying to stop him. She was surprised by his sudden caring attitude and wondered what could be going on with him. Not like he hasn't been kind to her but this....? This was way too much.

After spending two hours in the express, they got to the large estate where her parents lived. Michael couldn't help getting amazed by the wonderful beautiful sight before him. She always told him that her parents were filthy rich but he never wanted to believe it. She wasn't as spoilt as he'd pictured all rich kids to be so that shocked him to the core.

The cab stopped right at the beautiful gate of the house and Michael made to get down. Amara stopped him saying it wasn't time to get down. Before long, the gate slid open  automatically on it's own accord and that leftt Michael gaping at the sight. Amara chuckled.

The cab stopped in the garage and they all got down. Michael looked so carried away by the beautiful sight around and the large compound that it took  a while for him to get down. Amara could only chuckle.

They walked with their luggages towards the large enormous edifice at the middle of the compound. One could easily mistake it for a company or industry because...... Well.... It was way to tall. About...
Jeez. Michael couldn't even tell. It all almost looked like a skyscraper looking at it from the ground.

Amara explained that they weren't the only ones living there. The top floor was her parents apartment while the remaining floors were apartments where the tenants lived. Michael could only nod in a daze after her explanation. Her parents owned the building?!!