CHAPTER 8

BANG!!!!! The front door slammed close with a force jolting the Odious family all gathered at the table to have dinner at their relaxation apartment.  They all looked at each other  with wonder and listened as loud, harsh footsteps resounded all over the house. 

Mr Carlson Odious sighed exasperatedly and rubbed his chin. "Lucifero?"  he called and the padding stopped in the direction of the stairs. He chuckled. "Come over here. We are at the dinner table.

Lucifero sighed deeply and turned away from the stairs making his way back to the dinner room. Raphael gave him a knowing smirk as he took his seat among them. He sighed and beamed beautifully at them. "Good evening family." He muttered.

"You don't look good honey. What's the matter?" His mom asked and he chuckled. 

" Is it that obvious huh?" He asked and looked at his dad.......nah, his stepdad who was looking at him with an intimidating glare as always usually to scare him shitless and to make him behave himself. He chuckled with disgust to himself and shook his head. He's so done with this. He couldn't continue like this anymore. It's already taking a big toll in his life, even the pretty lady he had fantasized about working with, doesn't even want him. The thought of that made his heart squeeze. He felt so furious. He wanted to break something. 

"Where the hell have you been, Lucifero?" Carlson asked glaring hellishly at Lucifero. 

He chuckled and shook his head.." I'm so done with this." He muttered and folded his arms, also glaring deeply back at the man he was already beginning to detest so much. In fact, he had detested him for ages but now was much more unbearable. "I went to find a job." 

Anastasia, his mom smiled. "Really? That's so good Lucy. It's good to see that you are finally getting out." She said with an elated smile but apparently,.the huge intimidating man before him didn't seem to accept it. He neglected the chills the man's glare gave to his spine and leaned against the dinner table forcing himself to maintain eye contact with him. One little flinching could make him lose his courage. 

"Yeah. It's a good step. But thanks to my tainted reputation, I didn't get it." He replied and Anastasia's face fell. Carlson smiled devilishly. 

"That's good to hear." He said and resumed his meal looking suddenly light hearted. 

The Odious siblings simply sighed softly. None was able to say a word for the fear of what the frightening man would do. Raphael engaged himself in his meal unfazed while his sister, Azrael had her head bent against her meal. Situations like this made her want to hide in the shadows or something..

Lucifero gritted his teeth glaring at the man he had now grown to hate so much. The man who had taken a huge advantage of him in a very big devastating way, it wrecked his life to the minimum. His life suddenly meant nothing to him anymore..but he wasn't going to give up. Unlike the evil man before him, he had a dream. One which he's so determined to fulfill and eventually clear up his name. 

Anastasia kept casting sad, warning glances at her husband. "You don't have to say that honey. This is our son trying to create a better future for himself."

Carlson chuckled wickedly. " Our son? Really?"

Anastasia bit her lip. Lucifero chuckled. " That is just what I need. It's obvious you don't acknowledge me as your son which is true. So with that, it means you no longer have control over me. From now on, It's me and my decisions."

 Carlson chuckled. He dropped his spoon and leaned against the table glaring threateningly at Lucifero. "And what is your proposed plan for your already wrecked life?"

It seemed like he was so proud of the tainted Lucifero before him. Lucifero gritted his teeth  trying so hard to maintain his sanity and not strike the annoying man before him. He chuckled. "I have a dream. A good one at that. Unlike you whose goal is to raise the next generation of vipers."