CHAPTER 7

"Hello. Yeah uhmmm... I'm in need of desperate help here right now. An unwanted personality is standing right here in my office and I need your help to bust him  out. Okay thanks. I'll be expecting you in a jiffy. " She said and dropped the  phone.

Lucifero raised an eyebrow at her. " You really mean to send me away don't you?"

She scoffed and returned back to her work. "So?"

He leaned against her table with his hands. "Unwanted personality. Really?"

She chuckled and shook her head. " Yes. So? '

He sighed. "Why can't you just trust me on this at least for a moment..... "

" No. "

He sighed. He couldn't bring himself to start begging her? He sighed and glanced at the door. The security guard could be in any minute from now. "Shit." He walked up to the door and locked it. She snapped her head up to look at him.

"Uh.... What... What are you doing?"

He sighed and sat on the chair opposite her. " Let's make a deal. "

"No. No. No. I am not making a deal with you my Lucifer. "

" But what if.... "

" There is no buts. "

" You haven't even tried me yet. "

" I don't think you are that good. From just a little glance at you, I can tell. "

He squinted his eyes at her. " That's how it always is. Judging a book by its cover. Believe me, I'm much more better than you think on the inside.... "

" I doubt that. " She retorted.

" Why are you being so hard on me? "

" Because I detest you. I can't work with someone who keeps stalking my every movement and tracking my every step. Hell, how I'm I even sure this attempt to work with me is not even one of your schemes? "

He chuckled. " I have told you this before. I can assure you I've been here before. I wasn't expecting you here..... "

" Then why weren't you here five days ago? "

He blinked. " Uhh... What? "

She scoffed an rolled her eyes. " I was here five days ago to identify with the company and the workers. I don't remember ever seeing you here. Why? I wouldn't have  rebuffed you if I had. "

He chuckled and rubbed his head. " I was on a break okay. "

She scoffed. " Really. Who gave you such  when the other workers are up and working? "

He sighed. " Look. I'm not really a full-time worker here. I'm just a volunteer. It's my decision to take a break as I want. I've been away for a long while because of family issues...... "

" And decided to return the moment you found out I was the new manager? " She asked.

He chuckled. " What? No. I had no idea a new manager had already been elected. "

She bit her lip and leaned against the table scrutinizing him. He could swear. His heart raced as she gazed at him with those dazzling pair of eyes. "How I'm I supposed to believe you? You have been tracking me for  complete four days straight. Hacking everything I own and the likes. "

He sighed. " Look. I'm sorry alright. It won't happen again. I can assure you that this isn't part of it. Believe me."

She squinted her eyes at him for  long  and he looked at her expectantly. "Hmmmmm...... Nah." She said and returned back to her work. "You can use the exit Mr Lucifer."