CHAPTER 9

Office the next day didn't seem so convenient for diligent, hardworking Amara who seemed the entire world was against her. The entirely different attitude of the workers towards her this morning was taking her off balance. They seemed really furious. Furious about something. Or about what you did, sending Lucifero away?  Her mind said but she scoffed. That's a weird absurd reason. She tried so hard not to think about it but no matter how hard she tried, she felt down. 

Part of her dreams and obligations as the manager of the industry was to maintain a happy cordial relationship with her workers. But she didn't see herself fulfilling this wish with the vexed stares she received this morning. She sighed and buried her face in her palm. Do they really like him that much? Is he that good? Shit.

She looked around her table uncomfortably and sighed softly. She couldn't focus on whatever she was doing. She needs a break. She leaned back against her chair and stared at the ceiling trying so hard to cool her nerves. Maybe she should take a break. Yeah. She really needs it. She looked at her table and bit her lip. Sne arranged all the documents in a single pile at a corner and shut down her laptop. 

A knock came on the door and she looked up. Shit. What now? She thought and covered her face with her palms. " Come in." She muttered nevertheless. 

 The door swung open and Ella stepped in with a huge bulk of mail, not even daring to look at her in the eyes like she used to. "These are all the mails for the day ma'am." She muttered and dropped them all on the desk. Amara didn't say a word but just watched her closely. She sighed. Ella turned to go but was stopped. 

"Uhm... Ella." Amara called and she paused instantly. She turned slowly to her. 

" Yes ma'am." 

Amara bit her lip not knowing quite how to bring up the topic. Her brain was in a haze and she couldn't think clearly anymore. She sighed. " Don't worry. It's nothing. Sorry I bothered you."

Ella, who was expecting, nodded slightly and sighed. "Okay ma'am." She muttered and left, shutting the door behind her. She sighed. I need to get out of here. She thought. 

She stood up from her table and made a few arrangements before making her way towards the door. She got out of the office and stood at the door watching the workers all hard at work. The entire place was so silent. The usual elated vibe that previously illuminated the entire place before Lucifero arrived was gone, POOF!!! She sighed and walked up to Ella's table. 

"I'll be out for a while. If anyone comes to see me, call me." She said and Ella nodded slowly. 

" No problem ma'am.". She said and Amara looked around a little before exiting the office. 

 She walked out of the building adjusting her coat tightly around her. Good. Now she's out, what could she do to cool off? She looked around the busy road and spotted a decent looking restaurant. She shrugged. Maybe a little cup of ice cream won't hurt. She thought. 

She looked across the road with the intention to cross when a shocking sight caught her attention. She turned and jerked to see Lucifero at the other side of the road staring at her intensely. Her eyes locked with his crystal blue gaze and her heart lurched. She didn't expect that at all. Damn, she had to admit. He looked murderously cute with his ruffled blond hair falling over his face. He wore a pair of jogger pants and jacket with a hoodie on.

She didn't know why she couldn't move. She just stood at a spot watching him as he glared back at her still at a spot like a statue. She shivered. Why is he looking at me like that? She thought. What is he doing here?

All these questions and lots more rang in her mind as she watched him at a distance.

A vehicle suddenly obstructed her view from him as it passed by. By the time the vehicle had passed, he was gone. She blinked and looked around but caught no sight of him again. Where did he go? Was she imagining things?