Chapter 10

Capture that Flag!

≠===========≠==========≠

Starting with a sprint, Y/n drags up a mask over half of his face, his usual trademark. Throwing his arm out, his Quirk launches out and then pulls him along to a swing.

'Alright remember... What was their Quirks again...?' He thought, remembering back when he watched U.A's Sports Festival.

'Iida has something to do with being fast, so the urban area was a good pick for him.' He recalled seeing Iida running around the arena speedily.

Just then, the sound of engine whirred loudly from around the corner of the small section of the city replica. Looking around, Y/n then spotted Iida in all of his glory, speeding straight at him.

Y/n would've remarked something to him, but he noticed that he was acting kinda tense.

"Villain!! I will not let you through and escape!! That is my promise as a Hero!!" Iida yelled as he ran with a slightly muffled promise through his headgear.

"Woah, we're role-playing?" The new student questioned as he swung, not dropping down anytime soon. "Well, if I must... Ahem."

"Well, too bad, Hero!! The sky is my groove, and you're just wasting your energy and breath running after me like a maniac!" Y/n decided to play along with his roleplay, as he strengthen his pull with each swing, causing him to swing faster as a result.

"Not so fast!!"

As Iida yelled this, Y/n felt a sudden yank at his feet, simultaneously stopping his movement mid air. Looking down, he saw that a some kind of rope attached to an anchor is wrapped around his ankle. Looking back at Iida, Y/n wasn't able to do his usual quip when he was yanked once more by the class president himself.

"Aah--!"

Losing his grip, his Quirk dissipates and Y/n was forced to hurtles down at a fast pace. Without luck, he was harshly slammed down to the ground with a loud thud.

Clouds of dust were kicked up as a result, causing the reincarnator to a coughing fit. Forcing himself up from the city's road replica, Y/n looked around through the dusts, when a familiar looking person walks towards him.

"Ugh... Where'd you even get that rope...?" Y/n asked while groaning in pain. He then hissed in pain when rope around his ankles tighten.

"Yaoyorozu was kind enough to give me the rope. She said something about paying you back though...." Iida cocked his head to the right, a little confused as to why Yaoyorozu would help him.

Hearing this, Y/n groaned in annoyance. "Ugh... This is why I don't like having inside jokes with friends..."

Getting back his bearings, Y/n harshly pulled bacl his captured leg, in hopes to get an opening to escape. Lucky for him, Iida was a little surprised whe he did.

The small opening allowed Y/n to use his Quirk at Iida's left leg, entrapping it with darkness. With a pull, it was Iida's turn to fall on his back with a surprised yelp.

Heading this chance, Y/n took a sprint at the direction of his main goal, the flag. It wasn't long after he ran when the sound of biological engines and rapid steps started to approach him. Turning around, Y/n saw Iida ran at him at high speed.

Closing in on the new student, Iida then did a small jump and raised his legs for an overhead kick. Luckily, Y/n reacted quickly enough and ducked under the engine powered kick.

Y/n was about to give Iida a piece of him too, but the former was quick enough to hop back, away from a supposed punch to the gut. Not letting up, sounds of mechanical whirring were let out when Y/n's legs boosters(I'll them that for now) activates. With a powerful jump, Y/n was high in the air for a moment.