Chapter 14

≠========≠========≠

Trouble in Town

≠========≠========≠

"Ugh-huh.... My whole body is sore...!!" Uraraka whined exaggeratedly as she slouched. Y/n beside her is relatively fine, but he admits that his body does feel a little worked out.

"I'd mind the phrasing, but sure."

Bote interns are now out on patrol again on their third day in Gunhead's agency. Yesterday, they spent all day on martial arts and armed combat. It was full of physical activites and drills, mostly that was for Uraraka, who has no experience with martial arts. Meanwhile Y/n was constantly being trained with practical spars.

"You didn't get to do the drills, so shut it!" She exclaimed angrily, before went back to her whiney state.

"Seems like a skill issue to me." Y/n remarked with smirk, enraging the mochi devourer even further. They then comically went into a banter, where Uraraka trying her best to hit Y/n while Y/n easily dodged them all.

"Come. Here. And. Let. Me. Hit. You..!!" She grinted with each failed strike.

"C'mon you two. Be serious for once..!" One of Gunhead's sidekick, ElectroShock, turned around and yelled at them.

For quick introduction, ElectroShock is the type of guy that doesn't like to oppose his superior, but also likes to take it easy on tasks.

His Quirk, Thunder Spear, allows him to call out a spear made out of lightning. The reason he called it "Thunder" Spear was because of the thunder-like sound produced each time he formed a spear. The strength of spears he summons relies on the likelihood of thunder of that particular day. Or, he can have help from any person with a Electric or Lightning based Quirk.

"Yessir...!" Both Y/n Uraraka ceased their banter, with Y/n playfully saluting to the hero. ElectroShock sighed while shaking his head at his predicament.

"Why did it has to be me...?" The hero whined, continuing to lead the group. Shaking off the misery, he then turend to the teens once more with a serious look.

"Listen here, kids. Going on a patrol doesn't always mean that you'd have to beat up the villains or any bad guys to save the day. Going on patrols is a symbol, basically. It's to let the civilians know that they are protected, and that we, the heroes, are there to help if needed..!" ElectroShock had a determined face when he gave his small speech.

He heard a series of clapping of hands, and when he looked at them, Uraraka were clapping her hands at his magnificent speech, and Y/n was nowhere to be seen.

Wait a minute...

In the distance, we can see Y/n is capturing another purse thief. But this one isn't as hard to catch as the other day.

[•••]

"...And that's why I never stopped using the cream. It's hygiene, kids. Always make sure to take care of your hygiene."

The trio is still out and about, patrolling the area they were tasked with. ElectroShock took it upon himself to share his life stories to the two teenagers, hoping that it will benefit them in the future somehow.

They idly talked for a while, with mostly him and Uraraka doing the talking and Y/n listening in, the day had reached its end, as the sun was starting to sit on the horizon, bleeding the sky with the orange color.

ElectroShock looked at his watch, and saw that it's almost time that they should head back to the agency. He called out to the teens, gaining their attention.