Chapter 13

My midterms are here. I think I'm starting to see the pattern here...

≠==========≠=========≠

Interning with Gunhead!

≠==========≠=========≠

"Welcome to my agency, kids!" A voice that's a bundle of joy and full of kindness greeted the teens as they entered the building.

A buffed man with an open arm greeted. Despite his masked head, you can feel his smile through it.

'Cute!'

'So contradictory...'

"So, basically, we heroes get our salary from the government, but that doesn't necessarily make us civil servants. That's actually far from it. Whenever there were problems, us heroes, we'd get requests from the police. Those requests came in bundles, zone by zone. It's one of the reasons we do patrolling too, is to always be ready to take action when we're needed."

"They declare our merit in cooperating on arrests, rescuing innocents, that sort of stuff. Then we go through inspections by specialized agencies and get our salaries in the bank. To cut it short, we do commissions. Gunhead explained while he lightly walked around as he did.

'It makes him look like a general in a debriefing room.' Y/n thought in a daze, already familiarized with the whole shebang of being a hero.

"But, saying this stuff to you guys won't really make you understand.." Gunhead turned around to the two as he said this.

"So! Put on your costume, and let's go on a patrol!!"

[•••]

Both donning their costume, Y/n and Uraraka made their way to rendezvous with Gunhead outside. Greeted with his usual cheerful self, they begin patrolling immediately.

The area that Gunhead's agency governs isn't that wide, but it isn't small either. So, he usually has a couple of his sidekicks patrolling along with him, covering the wide area of the city.

"So, Black-Mask. How's it? Patrolling the city without the fear of getting chased down by the police?" Gunhead suddenly asked. Y/n can almost hear the sneer behind that mask of his.

With an irked expression, he answered with a slight pout. "Well, it's certainly more calming. But it gets boring after a while. I could've used my Quirk to cover more grounds if I could..." He complained, tapping on the tether on his ankle with his other feet.

"Heh.. that's what bites you on the back when you don't follow the right procedures!" Gunhead gave a hearty laugh to which Y/n rolled his eyes. Uraraka who was listening in on the conversation awkwardly smiled at the one-sided deride Y/n received.

Y/n sighed for the umpteenth time. It was almost three hours. He's literally bored out of his mind. There was no villain activity nor any light robbery whatsoever.

But, it means that the civilians are safer this way, so he didn't mind it all that much.

Right now, Gunhead allowed the two interns to take a small rest under a tree while he talked with a police officer nearby. There's a bench there, so they take a seat.

"Man, this is boring..." He whined, supporting his chin as he bent forward on the bench. He had the hood over his head and the half mask on, so his speech was a little muffled.

"Well, at least it's peaceful, right?" Uraraka said, munching on some mochis that Y/n paid for.

"I guess..." He mumbled, waving back occasionally at some passerby who recognized him.